Simple Sunday fish and chicken

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Weather was great today. For dinner grilled up some simple BLSL chicken breast seasoned with boar's night out Midwest dust. I love this stuff for smash burger most (and chicken too).
1713147018527.png
IMG_20240414_164804.jpg

Then I got to throw one of my favorite cast iron pieces on the kettle and cook up some tilapia. Tilapia was on sale so I got these three pieces for $5!
IMG_20240414_170020.jpg

Two with blacking seasoning
1713148318294.png
and one with lemon juice and boar's night out white lightning.

1713147316062.png
Which is by far my favorite all purpose seasoning. One of the two most used bought seasoning in my house.

Here is the fish at the turn.
IMG_20240414_170305.jpg

Fish done.
IMG_20240414_170728.jpg

And chicken sliced.
IMG_20240414_171006.jpg

Dinner's ready!
Plated with tomato rice and black beans.
IMG_20240414_171751.jpg

This is the second time I have made the blackened white fish (haddock the first time) with this rice and black beans, it is becoming a favorite meal of mine, I will make it again (and probably again).

And here is a bonus shot. My coffee from this morning. I am proud of the cup/pour rotation to get the full cup heart.
IMG_20240413_062506.jpg

Some shredded cabbage, tortillas and salsa and you’re having MX there. Nice cook. Clean eating.

Add a fresh corn and black bean salsa to Brett's mention and you are laughing.....
Looks really tasty.

Corn and bean salsa adds insane freshness to everything.......I use it in tacos often and also sub's as an appy with nacho chips.
Fresh works but canned works too.

can of each corn and black beans heavily rinsed......try to get rid of that canned food taste.
green onion sliced
some garlic finely chopped
3 limes juiced
olive oil
salt n pepper
I like cilantro finely chopped but not everyone does.
lots of fresh lively taste in that bowl......great on most taco's, excellent with fish tacos.
Add sliced mango for that twist in your taco too.....I don't do it all the time, but it is a twist.

Just some ideas for you to consider.

Great looking meal! And pretty cup of coffee.

After you recommended the Midwest Dust last summer, it took me a while but I found it locally.
I agree - it was very good on chicken and pork. Close call, but I think I like the White Lightning a little more.
Will not be kicking either to the curb, though. :giggle:

Back