Simple Basic Chicken Salad

Corey S

TVWBB Fan
Simple Basic Chicken Salad

1 Chicken Breast, boned & chopped into small pieces (left over Roadside works good)
1/2 medium onion diced
1 stalk celery chopped
3-4 TBS mayo (add or subtract for your preffered texture)
1/2 TSP fresh ground black pepper
1/4 TSP celery salt

(you may add other spices to taste, the Breast I happened to use for this recipe was already heavily spiced, so I went easy on the additional ingredients. Use your own judgement, just keep it simple)

Mix all ingrediants, Chill for a couple of hours, enjoy however you like. Makes great sammies, or wraps, I like to smear a thin layer on a flour tortilla, roll it up and slice into about 1" long segments, to serve as a finger food, or a tasty snack.

I made a variation of Bryan's now famous, roadside chicken on my 22.5 WSM last night. I did two 5 lb chickens, quartered, in baskets, on my new rotisserie.
My family loves the Roadside Chicken recipe, and I have never varied from Bryan's recipe untill now.
I was short some of the ingredients, but had some left over Wolfe Rub Citrus, So I used the Vinnegar, Woosty sauce, and oil, as per the RS chicken recipe. I then added up the normal volumn of dry ingredients, and substituted the same volumn with Wolfe Rub Citrus.
I marinated (Less the oil)for about 4 hours.
The variation made for a nice change, with a little different flavor.
The three woman in my home, (Wife & Two Daughters) all like dark meat, so here we have 3 leftover, nice meaty chicken breasts (which by the way were the best, moistest, breast I have ever made)
I chopped one up, and assembled with the above ingredients, it was quick and easy, and made for a really tasty chicken salad, that dissapeared in a hurry!

Back