Silver/Gold B/C Flavorizer bar source

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I need some SS flavorizer bars for my rehabs and the ones I used to use for Silver B's are no longer available. I am looking for 16 gauge stainless. I am not concerned if the are 430 or 304 but 304 is preferred. They must be 16 gauge. I know all about Dave Santana and his flavorizer bars. I have them on my grill, but I am looking for something cheaper for rehabs. I am looking for something under $40 delivered

Thanks Ed. I like Riversedge products, but the 16 gauge ones I saw on Amazon were over $40. I might have to jump on a few sets.

OOOOPS! those bars are for the Summit.

I'm sure you've seen THESE, but they are $45.17. (65903 is the Weber p/n for SS FBs for a 2005 Silver C, as I'm sure you know) Other than that, it seems that everything else is out of stock.

Yep, Ed, I have seen those. I like them and that is what I am looking for, but hoping to find a little lower price. It makes a difference on flip grills when you are buy three sets at once.

Just keeps getting trickier to find parts for these grills - at least at a really good price. I think the stupid COVID virus😷 is catching up with us in that overseas production has been definitely adversely impacted.

Curious as to why you can't either adjust your sell price or offer a lesser product for the same price to the people that are on your list, Bruce...but then I don't understand the economics of the find and flip game, either. Maybe for pre-orders you ought to build in some wiggle room?

Ed, In a way, I did that on the grill I just listed today. I had a new set of Weber Porcelain coated bars and put them in the grill and lowered the price a bit. But, the reason I prefer a better set of SS 16 gauge bars is that I have a standard that I like to maintain for all my grills. While this set of OEM Weber bars cost more than what a decent set of 16 gauge SS bars would cost, they will last half as long. I don't want my buyers having to replace parts two or three years down the road. I want to provide them with a grill that, with general care and cleaning will give them trouble free grilling for as long as possible. The reason I actually will be selling this grill lower than I normally would have is because I only paid about $20 for the set of porcelain coated bars last year.

Yep it's like me. When I rebuild the mixers I don't use ordinary products. Example, the lubricant in the gear box. KitchenAid uses a horrible quality product (don't ask me why I guess because it's REALLY cheap) but when I rebuild I use a very high end synthetic EP (Extreme Pressure/High Temperature) GL2 grease that is food safe. Cheap it's not It costs ME $13.00 per application. But, when I am done I give my customers a full year warranty. I don't want grease breakdowns to give me headaches. Because close to 100% of all the mechanical failures I see on them is due to the factory grease. Another thing I do is on the larger "Professional" ones like the 6qt and larger 5qt models my buddy who's a retired machinist/tool and die maker helped me device a way to reinforce the planetary assembly on those machines. (Since about 10% of those failures are the planetary falling apart). So once he's done it's one more thing I never have to worry about. Yeah it costs me a lot extra to drive the pieces over to his house about 40 miles each way (and buy him lunch LOL) but it allows me to sell my product with far more confidence it will last for years to come

Yep it's like me. When I rebuild the mixers I don't use ordinary products. Example, the lubricant in the gear box. KitchenAid uses a horrible quality product (don't ask me why I guess because it's REALLY cheap) but when I rebuild I use a very high end synthetic EP (Extreme Pressure/High Temperature) GL2 grease that is food safe. Cheap it's not It costs ME $13.00 per application. But, when I am done I give my customers a full year warranty. I don't want grease breakdowns to give me headaches. Because close to 100% of all the mechanical failures I see on them is due to the factory grease. Another thing I do is on the larger "Professional" ones like the 6qt and larger 5qt models my buddy who's a retired machinist/tool and die maker helped me device a way to reinforce the planetary assembly on those machines. (Since about 10% of those failures are the planetary falling apart). So once he's done it's one more thing I never have to worry about. Yeah it costs me a lot extra to drive the pieces over to his house about 40 miles each way (and buy him lunch LOL) but it allows me to sell my product with far more confidence it will last for years to come
Larry what's your background? Sound very interesting. you also refurb KitchenAid mixers for a hobby as well? Very curious.

Larry what's your background? Sound very interesting. you also refurb KitchenAid mixers for a hobby as well? Very curious.
Very long to list but for most of my life I was in "technical" fields. Started off as a mechanic after a few years of that, low pay, getting myself a lot, unreasonable local union, I gave up and worked in the office equipment field for MANY years and was actually a technical trainer for Canon USA for a number of years before starting my own Real Estate business. Still kept my hands dirty though as a side line in the evenings and such my friend and I ran a car repair business as a side income for ourselves. Until his passing. Finally for a number of years before retiring, I worked in the airline industry for 2 major airlines. One in Chicago the other in Minneapolis as a flight attendant. I started the KitchenAid business about 12/13 years ago in preparation for retiring. www.themixerdoc.com
So it's kind of a hobby, kind of a business. I really don't make much from it. Just mad money. Beer, guns, ammo and such LOL

Back