Silver B frame is shot

I've got a Genesis Silver B, probably from around 2002 or so. The fire box is fine, and I've pretty much replaced all of the guts. But the frame is shot. Over the years I've screwed and expoxied this part and that, but now there's enough rust that it's just beyond my ability to repair.

My question is whether there's a good way to get a new frame and set my old box down inside of it. I'm kinda handy, but not super handy. Is it possible and worth the work? Or is it time to look for an end of season sale?

-Jeff

I've got a Genesis Silver B, probably from around 2002 or so. The fire box is fine, and I've pretty much replaced all of the guts. But the frame is shot. Over the years I've screwed and expoxied this part and that, but now there's enough rust that it's just beyond my ability to repair.

My question is whether there's a good way to get a new frame and set my old box down inside of it. I'm kinda handy, but not super handy. Is it possible and worth the work? Or is it time to look for an end of season sale?

-Jeff

Best bet that I can think of would be to watch CL and try to pick up another Genesis that has a good frame, but might have a messed up firebox or in need of other serious repair.

Agree with Dave, I've restored a few 1000,s and silver Bs and that would be your best bet. Pickup a used silver B with a good frame on CL and swap it out.

Back