Silver B end caps

MikeAlt

TVWBB Member
Time to paint silver B end caps I added some pics. Do I need to wire brush to bare metal
or just a light sandinIMG_0108.jpegg followed by paint prep.IMG_0107.jpeg

I would just scrub those with water and a brillo pad or a green scrubbie. The texture from the factory paint will remain if you do that, you don't have a lot of existing bare spots.

That's what I'd do there.

Edit: Then after you scrub, rub it down with some alcohol before painting.

I would just scrub those with water and a brillo pad or a green scrubbie. The texture from the factory paint will remain if you do that, you don't have a lot of existing bare spots.

That's what I'd do there.

Edit: Then after you scrub, rub it down with some alcohol before painting.

+1

I am in with that, too. Yours looks pretty good to me. If you have a lot of missing patches then I can see taking it all down and having a smooth metal look. I personally like the texture.

I once did a Silver A where, to fill in some missing spots, I used some texture paint over high heat paint and covered with high-heat paint. I sold that grill, so I don't know how long it held up. I would do it again, though. I am not aware of any source for high heat texture paint.

IMG_1814.JPEG

I agree. Unless the original paint is bubbling and peeling, then don't strip it. Just make sure you clean it up good before painting.

Back