Silver B Burner Options

MikeCO

Doing a deeper clean on my Silver B and figure it's time to replace the burners. Last time I replaced them was 2014 and used these:

When I ordered the OEM Weber in 2014 they were $57, and I don't think the other option was available.

This time considering these:

Any one use that second option?

Looks like I'll replace the regulator as well. While it seems to function fine, the hose is starting to crack in a couple of places.

Any recommendations other than OEM Weber:

The one I have says Marshall Gas Controls. I can't remember when I replaced it. But I must have when they changed the tank valves.

Gotta love Amazon! Ordered the new ($29) burners Saturday afteroon, had them by 5pm on Sunday. Did a much better scraping and cleaning on the inside, replaced some bolts. I was going to clean and lube the valve bodies, but even being careful (and yes using the right size driver) one of the screws on two of the three valves was staring to round out. So, since they aren't really acting up, decided to leave well enough alone.

All back together and cooking even better. Possibly a repaint of the frame and exterior of the cook box bottom and sides on tap for fall or winter.

Back