Side table recommendations

Nick-DaGoomba

I have a new master touch kettle and after a couple cooks I’m really missing the side table of my old performer. Any recommendations on a good side table? I’ve seen the one from SNS grills and also the barbecue dragon side table. I’m a little hesitant for a clip on one because I want to smoke on it and don’t want gaps between the lid in the bowl but wondering if I should get one that bolts onto it. Thoughts? Thanks

I have a new master touch kettle and after a couple cooks I’m really missing the side table of my old performer. Any recommendations on a good side table? I’ve seen the one from SNS grills and also the barbecue dragon side table. I’m a little hesitant for a clip on one because I want to smoke on it and don’t want gaps between the lid in the bowl but wondering if I should get one that bolts onto it. Thoughts? Thanks
I have this on one of my kettles. I bought it used, but they're available new for $89.99 on Amazon. It's a Stanbroil Stainless Steel table. It's very well built. It clips on the side of the bowl, but it doesn't cause the grill to leak. I've done a ton of low n slow cooks with no problems.

Attachments

• 20211106_145946.jpg
    20211106_145946.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211106_150006.jpg
    20211106_150006.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 56
I have this on one of my kettles. I bought it used, but they're available new for $89.99 on Amazon. It's a Stanbroil Stainless Steel table. It's very well built. It clips on the side of the bowl, but it doesn't cause the grill to leak. I've done a ton of low n slow cooks with no problems.
Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like a nice table.

I really like the one from this post. If I had a touch more room, I think I will be adding it.

I have that very table. I considered one of the "add on" tables for my kettle, then realized a) I'd like more room than they offer, and b) it wouldn't do me much good when using the gasser. When this one went on sale at Lowe's for $80, I jumped on it. Every time I BBQ, I'm glad I bought it.

I'm really going back and forth on a Dragon hook-on table. Probably should just get it, but wish it could collapse without needing to remove - just hang off the side of the grill.

I'm really going back and forth on a Dragon hook-on table. Probably should just get it, but wish it could collapse without needing to remove - just hang off the side of the grill.
Have you seen the sns table?

Have you seen the sns table?

I have not. Thanks!

I bought this standalone cart from Amazon, "Royal Gourmet" brand. I'd give it 4 stars - it's relatively inexpensive for the size. It probably needs a few more supports underneath the top, but as long as I don't put anything stupid heavy on top, I think it'll hold up just fine. I've only had it for a few weeks, so can't speak to how the paint/stainless is going to hold up over time. Assembly was fairly easy, and it looks decent. It's a nice Chevy... at a Chevy price. Not a Cadillac.

I'm trying to decide how wide and how deep of a top surface. 24 seems about right for the depth. Maybe 48 wide?

Edit... Also trying to work in a section of stainless.

And I might put the tank hanger back on to store a spare full tank on the RH side.
20211109_181624.jpg

I'm trying to decide how wide and how deep of a top surface. 24 seems about right for the depth. Maybe 48 wide?

And I might put the tank hanger back on to store a spare full tank on the RH side.
View attachment 40364
You could modify that cart to also house the $100 WSM 18 that you picked up a few day ago... you picked that up right?!?!

View attachment 40364
Good idea! Might be time to turn my old Genesis Gold into a table......

I have seen several instances with members making work tables out of old Genesis grill frames.

Yeah, re-using an old frame isn't my idea, I'm just copying prior art from others. I saw a garden cart on CL and searched around and found the posting below.

I'm leaning toward using a frame from a 2002 Gold without side extensions. This gives me more space on the bottom rack, and I have flexibility on the width.

Back