Side Skewer Rotisserie

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi,
Well I got antsy and my grates have not arrived yet, so I decided to side skewer a rump roast and turn on the rotisserie. O know a rump is not the ideal piece of meat to rotisserie, but I have no idea, other than chicken, what is good to rotisserie. Meat is tasty and very moist, just a bit tough- the little pieces I have cut off. Would appreciate input on best cuts/type of meat to rotisserie. Thanks. George

zH1ohLO.jpg

dY2A3Lz.jpg

Hi, George. I think there's a lot of foods, meat and veggies, that are great for rotisserie other that chicken.

I've done mixed veggies, chicken wings, a stuffed pork loin (butterflied and filled with a "stuffing," of sorts), bone-in pork loin roasts, beef rib roasts, and stuffed flank steak.

How about these ideas? Threading on some pork spareribs. Beef short ribs. Top sirloin "picanha," which is Brazilian-style roti. (the cut is often called sirloin or rump cap in the U.S.) Pork butt done Cuban-style (or whatever flavor profile). Kebobs/skewers/etc. of all types of ingredients. (If you a have roti attachment that accommodates skewers.) A sausage and veggie combo in a roti basket. A ham. Leg of lamb. Beef chuck roast. Whole fish (trout, etc.).

Anything labeled "roast," which you did in this cook. I think all you needed to do, was put the rump roast in a braise and veggie bath (a la pepper stout beef, https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?2848-Pepper-Stout-Beef&highlight=pepper+stout+beef) and you would've had the tenderness you wanted.

Pork Loin, tri tip, eye round beef. Just did this spin this weekend. Pork loin marinated in Bernstien's Italian dressing for a few days, no rub.

47988883456_b7f05be7eb_c.jpg

47988884686_74565e2345_c.jpg

Back