Sicilian pizza, anyone?

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Cooking like a madman today. Made a chicken ragu with sausages, smoked pork belly and now rising some dough for Sicilian pizza.

Sauce, cheese and bake pics to come.

Here’s the dough proofing.

14” x 14” sheet pan with 1259 grams of dough.

And a 1/4 sheet pan with around 332 grams dough (for the non dairy eater at home).

1639356301646.jpeg

1639356323907.jpeg

Kind of like waiting for Christmas as a kid
I just sat Dow for the first time since noon. Watched football as I cooked and imbibed a bit. The pizza’s almost proofed. First bake will be at 545/605P. The oven has a 100° proof setting which is very helpful.

Made a lot of pizzas in my youth. Love sicilian and cheese free pizzas.
Just did a quick calculation. Same weight of dough as we use to use for the 14 rounds

Made a lot of pizzas in my youth. Love sicilian and cheese free pizzas.
Just did a quick calculation. Same weight of dough as we use to use for the 14 rounds
That’s a LOT of dough on your Neapolitans!

My 12” I cook on my steel are around 335g each ball. We like a thin, NY style crust. .

Sorry. Got that a bit off. For the neos, thin. For the chicago deep dish, well fat.
Iirc 27 ounces for a 14 fatty er deep dish. Same as you had for a 14x14. Cept totally different

Last edited:
Sorry. Got that a bit off. For the neos, thin. For the chicago deep dish, well fat.
Iirc 27 ounces for a 14 fatty er deep dish. Same as you had for a 14x14. Cwpt totally different
That sound fully correct. I’m at 26 oz( correction, 44 oz) I think. I only bake with grams these days. Safer with very predictable results. Running a 65% hydration on this recipe cook.

Last edited:

Back