Shrimp?

I like the double skewer approach, and a simple marinade of oil,S&P garlic fresh or powder, onion powder, and some pepper flakes.
Served with a Thai sweet chilli sauce . I can do 30 to 40 and they are gone super fast.

Yeah as long as you avoid acid it should be fine. But any acid will "cook" the shrimp in short order

Someone suggested putting the shrimp on a cast iron griddle (which I now have), and putting that on the grill.

Ding ding ding ding.

Shrimp takes like 5 minutes to grill. So it seems silly to spend so much more time than that fussing with skewers.

Toss onto flat surface. Flip. Done.

Super easy to do on a griddle. Or the flat side of some GrillGrates (my method). Or a grill basket/tray with perforations. Or a grate with very narrow spacing.

The Gridel is great tool but I like the grill makes and flavor of the drippings coming back off the charcoal. Or if big enough just spread them on the grate.

Yeah same here. Putting a griddle on a grill really does nothing for the flavor of the food. Keeps the mess away from the kitchen stove though ;D

I used the skinny skewers this time.

Didn't have any breakage issues.

I kind of agree with @Jim C in Denver that it's a lot of work, maybe too much work, but once they're on, they are easy to flip.

Thanks everyone.

f0Ncv3h.jpg

ZK5dAlk.jpg

Back