Shrimp & Pesto Pizza

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Just me and the youngest tonight, and we had some fresh jumbo shrimp to eat up. Seemed like a good time to make a pie! :)

Dough was a same-day "NY-style" dough I found online. Mixed it up in the morning, balled after an hour, RT for a couple hours, then into the fridge. Brought the dough out about an hour before I planned to cook.

Shrimp got shelled and deveined (next time, I'll cut them into two or three pieces. Opened the dough into a 12" circle, some store bought pesto, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, shrimp, tomatoes for me, then some shredded parmesan. Went onto my stone on the grill @ 475F and cooked up in about 12 minutes. Ran it under the broiler for a minute to finish up the top.

Finger licking good!!!

1647916418620.jpeg

.....oh, and it really was a circle until it stuck to the peel a little. :)

What a meal for two Rich!
Now lets talk about whos half was which. You said " tomatoes for me" was that upper half of the pie yours and the lower half your daughters that two tomatoes halves wondered over? If that is correct does your daughter realize how you took A LOT more shrimp than you gave her?!?!

What a meal for two Rich!
Now lets talk about whos half was which. You said " tomatoes for me" was that upper half of the pie yours and the lower half your daughters that two tomatoes halves wondered over? If that is correct does your daughter realize how you took A LOT more shrimp than you gave her?!?!
Yeah, I had some toppings shift when I tried to launch my stuck pie! :) I moved the tomatoes back to my side, and also redistributed the shrimp that had migrated. I probably should have used some parchment paper (I HATE cornmeal on the bottom of my pies) since I knew this was going to get heavy when I dressed it. Out of practice. :)

R

Back