Show off your Smoking "Area"

This is a couple years old. The trees and shrubs have all grown quite a bit since then.

09-26-09087.jpg

I love this thread and seeing everyone's set ups. I live in San Francisco and I grill in front of my house, so I have to roll whatever I'm using that day outside, can't leave it out all the time. But I do have a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge. I just sit with her and smell my fire heating up, life's good. :)

Laura

Here's mine. This is from a few years ago. Things have moved around a little but it's basically the same now.

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

Check out this thread too for some more ideas.

Nice thread - enjoyed seeing the different set ups.

Ray

YES! We have such a vast country and world and so many different living styles and ways to grill. It makes a fascinating study to see what people want or need to use or just find convenient. You can't necessarily say one is "better", but you can see how others enjoy our "hobby" or "lifestyle" or whatever you want to call it. C'mon folks add yours.

Don, you said to check out a link but forgot to provide it. Hope you see this.

Rich

It's been awhile since I posted any pics from Photo-bucket so lets see if this works.

100_0443.jpg

Okay. Thats the same pic but a different angle from Don's post.

Rich he did provide a link. Hard ta see but it's highlighted.
Tim

Last edited:
Here's some of my cooking area.

My view.

photo.jpg

The sitting area.*
photo-1.jpg

A look in on my covered area. Hot and cold water and a 6' cutting board make my BBQ prep much more enjoyable for me and the misses.
photo-2.jpg

View from behind the equipment
photo-3.jpg

And my 6 gal. Cajun fryer. Otherwise I'm all Weber!
photo-4.jpg

I love seeing every ones areas. Very cool!

Kaz: Really love those trees Is it moss growing on it or is it the tree itself? iF SO SEND ME SOME SEEDS!

Daniel,
It's called spanish moss but it's not really a moss it's a air plant. Tillandsia usneoides, it grows on everything here in Historic Bagdad Village, it particularly loves the huge old live oak trees. I have trees in my yard that are more than 10 feet around the base and one that's almost 20 feet. I like the Spanish moss and just let it hang. Some people will pull what they can off the trees, but I'm proud of my bearded trees. Looks cool at night too and I like watching it blow around. I'll go somewhere then notice i have pieces hanging of it from my car bumper and utility trailers and not even know it. It's started growing on my fence now working on making a privacy fence I guess!

Last edited:
There's some pretty nice cook areas out there! Here's what I've got going on.

Performer and Genesis on the deck with the pup.

IMG_1184.jpg

This is the smoking area underneath the deck. Better protection from wind and rain. I also use a patio umbrella over everything if it's raining hard. WSM goes in the garage when not in use.

IMG_1081.jpg

This is an early version of my team's competition setup. The big smoker is a converted transformer box. Not the most efficient or stable smoker, but still effective. We've since added another kettle and my WSM. Currently working on a UDS.

IMG_0902.jpg

Thanks for looking!

It's there but hard to see. (Click on the words "this thread").

Here it is again unlinkified.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?6411-Post-a-picture-of-your-grill-area!-*****

Thanks Don (and Tim).

Editted to add my thanks for the link and all those additional pics. I'm still enjoying going through them.

I wonder if Chris can do anything to make those links more visible. Different color or default bold or whatever. I've missed a couple -- especially when they are just one or two words and part of the flow of a sentence.

Rich

Last edited:
Daniel,
It's called spanish moss but it's not really a moss it's a air plant. Tillandsia usneoides, it grows on everything here in Historic Bagdad Village, it particularly loves the huge old live oak trees. I have trees in my yard that are more than 10 feet around the base and one that's almost 20 feet. I like the Spanish moss and just let it hang. Some people will pull what they can off the trees, but I'm proud of my bearded trees. Looks cool at night too and I like watching it blow around. I'll go somewhere then notice i have pieces hanging of it from my car bumper and utility trailers and not even know it. It's started growing on my fence now working on making a privacy fence I guess!

Hey, I don't want to steal this thread, but that Spanish moss really makes your site, Kaz. I agree -- I love how it looks and since it doesn't suck from the tree (except light and some water in the air), it's not a real danger. I wish we had some in our area -- might try bringing some up on my next trip since it will grow in Va. Beach (a little north) and global warming seems to be really changing our environment here. I appreciate that link.

Sorry, Daniel -- I don't think your weather is conducive. But look for my grill/smoker area to change a bit in surroundings if I can get the moss to "take".

Just another benefit from these threads -- ideas abound.

Rich

Wow - this is so enjoyable. Seeing all these setups is great - lots of beautiful shots and good ideas on how y'all are doin' it. Best of all - it's helps provide a picture of where the cook is happening when we see the photos of the food and finished products!

My set up is simple - Gasser up on the deck and smoker / kettle down low by the patio.
037.jpg

View from the gasser to the patio
036.jpg

Kettle and smoker
033.jpg

View of the back yard from the patio / bbq area
034.jpg

Some backyard wildlife
017.jpg

Have a great Sunday!

Last edited:
just my old brick patio in my back yard....got my wsm goin and the gasser is over on the other side

ded1fb2ba531a076128c89524812a15e_zps771b59ec.jpg

Finally got a decent shot of the view from my grilling area. Unfortunately, daylight shots during the week and good weather on weekends are hard to come by lately. Maybe one of these days I'll get a good one during the day.

4d1d763fe4e4b02e958f8e7447b15bbc.jpg

The bright spot in the middle is the state capital building.

Back