Should I?

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Thinking of adding this Weber Defuser Plate to my BBQ arsenal for my Weber Kettle and your opinion will be greatly appreciated. My cookers are a WSM 2008 “Classic” and two(2) Weber 22” kettles both fitted with SlowNSears and Their DripNGriddle pans. The total cost will be around $150 which include shipping costs to Costa Rica and Customs Import Tax.

Attachments

• 4B9DD7DB-3D64-431C-9785-38B44390CA1F.png
    4B9DD7DB-3D64-431C-9785-38B44390CA1F.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I guess it depends on what you want to do…..
I used my 22 today and used wood to get some smoke on my beef roast……it works okay….I could have used the E6…..but if you can hold a 275 with that stuff you could put a good smoke on a larger cut of protein……
Buy some more stuff n save on shipping is my advice.

Thinking of adding this Weber Defuser Plate to my BBQ arsenal for my Weber Kettle and your opinion will be greatly appreciated. My cookers are a WSM 2008 “Classic” and two(2) Weber 22” kettles both fitted with SlowNSears and Their DripNGriddle pans. The total cost will be around $150 which include shipping costs to Costa Rica and Customs Import Tax.
I purchased this from Weber a couple of years ago. I quickly disposed of the charcoal ring because it isn't very tall & therefore you cannot place that many briquettes & wood chunks in it. I purchased a larger ring that can hold more fuel, however in doing this it raised the diffuser plate higher, which then didn't allow me to add a water/drip pan. This led me to add a grill grate extender which raised the grate about 2". In the end it does work for me as I can easily smoke up to at least 6 hours on it. There are other less expensive options on Amazon.

I think a diffuser plate is a good idea for a kettle.
If I was going to go that route I might slightly change the basic idea up a bit.
I think that $150 could be trimmed a bit, but my mind works like that 🤷.

I’d consider using a steel disc plate like a lodge pizza steel on top of a wsm coal ring.
That has to be less expensive I’d think.
Maybe elevate your grill surface with a rotisserie barrel?

Back