Should I get the 18.5 or 22.5 Weber OTS

Thanks for the pics Wolgast. I'm about to go try this right now. I don't think they gave me firebrick though. They told me that it was firebrick but I don't know what it looks like. The thing is, it seems so brittle i'm afraid to handle it because it might break in half. But it'll have to do for now.

congrats and good luck with the new kettle. The fun has just begun. Oh and don't forget the pictures.

took pictures with my phone but have no clue how to import them to my computer
icon_frown.gif

I'm a dinosaur I know.

BTW,
I was amazed that one single chimney of charcoal lasted me 3.5 hrs when I smoked some spare ribs today! I really have to practice because I had a really hard time having the temperature drop from 500 degrees. But once I did it held steady at 350, according to the thermometer I stuck through the top vents.

I almost could've written the original post! I also had an old New Braunfels offset that was way past its useful life -- major rust, paint flaking off, and really no longer safe to eat from.

I just got rid of the NB offset and picked up a 22.5" OTG yesterday; I don't want or need the 26", plus it's out of my price range right now. Breaking in the new grill tonight, and I can't wait! Starting simple with a couple of steaks and some veggies...

Welcome to TVWB, P Mata!

Dave,

I've only used it twice and I'm supper impressed! I should've listened to my brother when I first purchased my NB. He wanted me to buy the Weber but I went for the bigger, fancier offset 'smoker'
icon_frown.gif

It's ok though, kuz I'll still use it when i have big gatherings.

Back