Should I get a charcoal grill?

Congrats on the Performer. I have a Performer, a 22 inch WSM, and a 20 plus year old Weber Genesis 1000. My wife will only use the gasser, and I use mainly the Performer and the WSM. The Performer is the most used and you will love it. Many on the site can give you advice on how to make the required repairs. Enjoy.

Two good moves here, a performer was bought,and it was in Blue. Now comes the fun part fixing it up and learning all the different things you can cook on it.
I never had a charcoal grill of my own till I started reading on these grilling fourms and I had to try low and slow cooking for myself, I was hooked. And you will be too.

So I'm not sure if you all took bets on what I'd do... the wait is over, decisions have been made...

I am the proud owner of a used gas assisted blue performer that I posted about in the other thread. It is in rougher shape than I thought. Table is broken. Some rust on the bottom of the cart by the wheels.
Now I gotta figure out how to fix that stuff

Come to the dark side, I'm sure you will love it!:)

Tim

Get a One Touch Silver. They are like 80-90 bucks and last a long time. Why do you need a sauce pan for an ash catcher, or a cart? Don't you have a patio table already? Buy a hinged grate when the regular one is shot.

So I'm not sure if you all took bets on what I'd do... the wait is over, decisions have been made...

I am the proud owner of a used gas assisted blue performer that I posted about in the other thread. It is in rougher shape than I thought. Table is broken. Some rust on the bottom of the cart by the wheels.
Now I gotta figure out how to fix that stuff
Register it (assuming the original owner didn't - most don't) and call Weber. They will replace the table for free. The table was broken on my used Performer when I bought it and that's what I did. The other stuff is easy to fix if you put your mind to it. Ask questions; forum members are a great resource. Can't wait for your new thread: Blue Performer Restore Project! Also, we need pictures!

Back