SHISHITO PEPPERS - Grow your own!

EricV.

TVWBB Guru
Since I cannot seem to find Shishito peppers where I live, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

IMG_5967.jpg
Back in late winter, early spring I made this planter stand out of treated 2 x 4’s that I had left over from a previous project.

IMG_5971.jpg
A trip to the Tractor Supply store, (4) 5-gallon food grade plastic buckets & Shishito pepper plants from Bonnie Plants.

IMG_6291.jpg
Three months later, harvest time!

IMG_6308.jpg
Picked these today, still more to be picked.

IMG_6312.jpg
Mixed with some EVO, Sesame oil & some soy sauce, on to a scorching slotted Lodge CI skillet, 5 minutes.

IMG_6314.jpg
Topped with some coarse sea salt, sesame seeds & scallion, enjoy!

With a La Gloria Cubana and a martini, no less!!!

My jalapenos are just popping fruit, with my poblanos not far behind! :)

R

Very cool, surprised you can’t get them, they are everywhere over here.
Now I want some.
Living in the rural Midwest, MO to be exact does present some challenges from time to time. Besides tornados, we have an abundance of Wal-Mart stores to shop at, no Costco's.

Since I cannot seem to find Shishito peppers where I live, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

View attachment 93857
Back in late winter, early spring I made this planter stand out of treated 2 x 4’s that I had left over from a previous project.

View attachment 93859
A trip to the Tractor Supply store, (4) 5-gallon food grade plastic buckets & Shishito pepper plants from Bonnie Plants.

View attachment 93862

View attachment 93864

View attachment 93869
Mixed with some EVO, Sesame oil & some soy sauce, on to a scorching slotted Lodge CI skillet, 5 minutes.

View attachment 93870
Very clever raised bed!

Excellent on the bed and the cook.

View attachment 93857

View attachment 93859

View attachment 93862

View attachment 93864

View attachment 93869

View attachment 93870
What's the dipping sauce?

Back