Shipping BBQ out of state

G.A. Green

TVWBB Member
All,

I want to get some pulled pork and brisket to my folks back home in Texas.

Anyone have any experience in shipping meat between states?

Thanks!

I've never sent it but I've received it raw from Omaha Steaks, and it's always frozen solid when it gets here.

In case you're not familiar with their procedures, they individually vacuum seal and freeze the steaks, then pack them with dry ice in a styrofoam cooler which is thoroughly taped shut.

If you were to do the same thing with portions of prepared BBQ I'm sure it would still be frozen solid after shipping. You can get dry ice at drug stores and some ice cream shops.

find out when the pick up is for overnite where you are to where you are shipping. freeze it solid. you can use those blue ice bags wrap em aroudn the bbq while everything is unfrozen freeze em solid packing in thermal wrapping you can get those cooler bags from the grocery or such or even a small tote with a thermal liner and ge the package in just before pickup. should arrive just fine without any problems.

make sure you mark on the outside the contents of the package. in today's world people get panicky about packages that dont "feel" right.

Back