Shepherd’s Pie on the Gasser

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Just a quick post that I did last week with all our winds. Have I told you how much I hate the wind!!!
Here is the line- up for the mash potatoes and the rest Shepherd’s pie. Had to mix it inside because of all the dust and stuff flying around in the air. Used our 10 inch CIS melted butter added onions and carrots cooking till soft then the meat went it.
DSCN2603_zpsra4343oy.jpg

DSCN2606_zps1sv66tmg.jpg

DSCN2610_zps2sot98al.jpg

DSCN2616_zpshwcsgq4m.jpg

Mash taters are done. Now I added the rest of the ingredients to the skillet cooked till mixture had thickened on the gasser for 10 - 15 minutes, then back inside to pipe the potatoes on.
DSCN2617_zpsjjnfzn6x.jpg

DSCN2622_zpswudlohe2.jpg

DSCN2625_zpsrzg6sahi.jpg

Placed in oven to broil for 10 -15 minutes till brown then out to rest and plated.
DSCN2627_zpsbwwynqxm.jpg

DSCN2634_zpsyn2rbe9y.jpg

DSCN2638_zpsgtsd3zug.jpg

This was a great cook, sorry no pics outside. Thanks for looking and have a great Smoke Day.

So that's Shephards pie, yowzer, it looks good. Nice finish on the top of the pie and I like the plates. All around cool cook.

Wow that looks so good, I love shepherd's pie. The browning of the potatoes is perfect. Great job Barb!

Last edited:
WB, your right you can cook anything on the BBQ. It's just when you have high winds and dust flying all over that it's not fun. There's something about having extra ingredients added to your dish you didn't want.

That's a good looking Shepard's Pie. And you made it with lots of mashed potatoes - just the way I like it. Yum!

Back