Shavers?

Wife gave me a membership for Christmas. So far no complaints. One thing I've noticed is the blades seem to dull slower than my previous razors.

I have been using it for over a year now, I got the 4x. No complaints other than my Wife uses it too she doesn't tell me when she does. The next time I shave it feels like I'm using some rusty old utility knife.

I got one of these in early 2007 - still works like a charm!

41TSP2R5CML.jpg

I just use a beard trimmer to knock it down to the scruff every week or so

FTR, I cueballed myself in 2010..... not a good look for me :)

28362_1280461333544_4876516_n.jpg

I have been using it for over a year now, I got the 4x. No complaints other than my Wife uses it too she doesn't tell me when she does. The next time I shave it feels like I'm using some rusty old utility knife.

Oh man John, that's cold. If you disappear from the board, I'll understand!

I am a member of the dollar shave club. I get blades once every other month and still have un opened boxes of blades.
I think the blades are ok. I don't think they are amazing but they are cheap that's why I joined and am still in the club.
I love their shave butter. If you aren't a member its basically their version of shaving cream. It is not foamy what so ever. I also like that it is clear. You can see what you are shaving so if you are trimming around a goatee or something you don't accidentally shave too much.

thanks guys!
sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100.gif

yeah, I like the shave butter.. so much nicer than cream.
So far, I'm really impressed. My 1st head shave was the best I've had...

I was just looking at the shave butter ingredients. Organic prickly pear cactus was interesting.
My razor is a Gillette Fusion Proglide, the cartridge has 5 blades, and I have used 2 cartridges
in just under 3 years. Thats just for beard, have not shaved my head....... yet.

I use Harrys.com. I bought 16 blades for $25, and they even own the factory that makes the blades. I think they are better than the expensive ones I used to buy at Walmart. Never again will I buy blades from a retail store.

I shave my dome during the summer and found one of these at Walgreen's http://www.headblade.com/ I like it because the angle is perfect, glides easily with no nicks or cuts.
I'm on blood thinners so that's a big plus.
Two of my Son's use the Dollar shave club and are happy, but I've been reading alot about Harry's and will try them soon.https://www.harrys.com/our-story

Tim

Tim, I've used HeadBlade products for over two years... in my mind, the blades are costly.
My first razor's adaptor from HB broke trying to remove the blade cartridge, took them well over 4 weeks to send me new adaptors...

then found out they revised the adaptor...
I liked the idea of a "quick shave" every time I had a few minutes (I'd do it every four hours or so)

But the cost of the blades were a joke. so I looked elsewhere.

Walgreen's had them clearanced out at that time ( normally that means something is not selling, but I loaded up):)

Tim

Always wondered about that Dollar Shave Club. My wife is a couponer, and she hasn't paid more than .15 for razors in years! I got like 50 or so waiting to be used. Walgreens and CVS she says.

I joined the dollar shave club and got the executive blade and wasn't happy at all. It felt like the dullest blade I ever tried to use and brought blood the to surface. I canceled the week after I got my first shipment.

[video=youtube;cbbiP7MCwME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cbbiP7MCwME[/video]

I recently joined The Dollar Shave Club...
WoW!
Anyone else a member?

This morning was my first shave with a razor from The Club. I don't know about 'wow', but for the price I'm willing to see how they last. I got the 4X and got one for Sweetie too. $11.00 a month versus $25 or $30? Sure, let's give it a try!

Back