Servo troubleshoot

I just tin the ends of the wire before I punch them down which gives more of a solid wire and more diameter for them to grab onto. That's not good practice but also we're running analog and power through an ethernet jack so who is to say what is right? I've had trouble with the capacitor jammed in like that because its leads are giant compared to the wire diameter of what's being connected (servo and blower wires) so it spreads the fork too much to make good contact with what we're actually trying to connect. With larger wires like those pigtails that is likely not a concern though.

I don't punch down the Capacitor wires. I run them to the side and tack (solder) them to extra lead length that I have running out of the side of the jack. I also Hot Snot the heck out of the wires, and place the plastic cover over them.

I don't punch down the Capacitor wires. I run them to the side and tack (solder) them to extra lead length that I have running out of the side of the jack. I also Hot Snot the heck out of the wires, and place the plastic cover over them.
Oh I see that now. Good idea!

Back