Senior Dogs

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So, Pammi took our 2 dachshunds to the vet the other day for their annual check ups.
They're both rescues, so we're not sure exactly how old they are, but we think that Levi is 13 or 14 and that Daisy is a year younger.
I got a call today from the vet saying that their blood work was awesome, but I need to get a urine sample from Levi!
Uh, he's 6" tall at the shoulder and I gotta put a jar down there?
What the %$#@&%$ !?!?!
I looked at the sample bottle they gave us, and there is a small tray in the bag!
Genius!
I'm just hoping that he doesn't spill it when he's done!

Sir, I'll see you getting a sample from your weiner dog.... and raise you a feline sample. One of ours is showing signs of a recurring UTI, and it generally takes a trip to the clinic and a syringe with a long needle to take a sample direct from her bladder.

Last edited:
Well that doesn't sound like a fun adventure.
I remember I had to get a FRESH stole sample from my rescue dog which is a Golden Retriever, Husky, Coyote mix. So after feeding her I took her out in the field at the end of our street.
Took her of the leash as I usually do and just followed her around, well she got tired of that and bolted about a hundred yards and down into a gully.
when I caught up to her she was on top of the gully just wagging her tail. I look down into the gully and there must have been at least twenty samples to pick from. Win some loose most.

He was excited when I put the leash on him as I usually just let them go in the fenced in back yard.
He was less than excited when I dragged him out into the wet grass to TCB!
He was wanting to go in some of the mulch that I had laid down beside the deck!

Back