Selling All my Weber Gas Grills

I found a way to keep this hobby and will not be selling all my grills at once. Winters in the suburbs of New York are harder than I thought. This being my first, I spent months without working on my grills and incorrectly thought I wasn't going to be able to return to them. Weather has gotten better and after working in front of a computer for hours, it's great to just sit outside and restore grills or other manual work.

I got rid of an old car I was keeping for someone and regained the workspace I needed. As my luck would have it, I went to a garage sale in my neighborhood this past Saturday and picked up a Genesis Silver in excellent condition.

I was also able to work out the personal issue so I take all this as a signal to return to something I truly enjoy.

Lastly, after seeing some new grills by Weber and other lesser brands at Home Depot this weekend, I realized someone needs to restore old grills so that people remember what a good grill is. ;-)

My thoughts too. I do not understand "mining" for currency that does not really exist. I know the dollar fluctuates, but if you buy $1000 worth of crypto today, tomorrow it may be worth $3000 or $30. Can someone explain it for dummies?

"Mining" for bitcoin, basically means that if you solve a puzzle, you are rewarded with a bitcoin. So when you hear people setting up mining farms, they are basically setting up massive amounts of computers dedicated to solving these computational puzzles (Investopedia - Bitcoin Mining)

Part of the allure of cryptocurrency, is there is a master ledger, that is not controlled by 1 person/organization/country, etc. It can't be manipulated, so once it's on the master ledger, you can't do anything short of stealing the bitcoin #. Hence why you hear stories of people digging through dumps to find their old hard drive to find their bitcoin (once it's lost, it's gone. So it is supposed to be completely decentralized, and supposedly anonymous (hence why it is used in underground organizations, trying googling Silk Road, which is the equivalent of ebay for drugs / weapons / etc on the black market and they use bitcoin for trade)

It is becoming more and more difficult to mine bitcoin, takes more computer power, etc, so that is why it costs more today than it did many years ago because it's become harder to mine.

All that's to say, it's just a reward/token online that people value as a $ value, that you can't actually do anything with. If people continue to exchange bitcoin, then it will continue to have value. But other cryptocurrency, there value drops as soon as people don't see value in trading it anymore (search Price History: Dogecoin). Remember, this is the one that Elon Musk tweeted about, and price spiked. So if you invested at the peak, you would have lost 78% just because everyone jumped on the bandwagon and realized it was just a fad and left).

1649092864512.png

I haven't heard an explanation that makes enough sense on why people invest in crypto, other than that's where they think people are moving towards. I don't see people stop using USD and move over to crypto instead. Even then, the US government is starting to tax on crypto gains, trying to figure out ways to track it/control it. It's being traded on platforms that can be tracked (Feds Catch Thieves Involved In $4.5 Billion Bitcoin Heist), so it's not really anonymous as people originally thought. That's my 2 cents and my understanding of crypto. Hope that helps.

Back