Select Bone In Rib Eye

Elaine W

TVWBB Member
Local grocery store has an ad for select bone in rib eyes at $3.99/lb. That's the price of ground chuck. These steaks can't be good grilled, can they?

My local store has that same sale. I'm going to get some. I think they will be fine.

Grab a bunch. Hopefully they are cut thick. I got some today for $7.99/lb and that's a deal.

$7.99 a lb for Select? That sounds high....I just checked my local store's weekly circular and they have bone in riby eye steaks (Choice) for $5.99 a lb.

I grill select cuts all of the time, when the price is right. With steaks and burgers I like simple seasoning S&P.

Keep it rare or med-rare and you shouldn't have tenderness issues. Unless it was a steer they couldn't catch way back on the south fourty for ten years.

There is Lowerys meat and grocery over in Buchanan MI that runs whole boneless ribeye roasts @ $3.99lb often.
They will cut them any way you like. I like to cut my own. They are always delicious!

I have always had bad bad luck with Select beef. I stay away from it even if it is cheap just because the meal turns out very, very mediocre and I am cooking them properly I feel. The side dishes end up being the mains in those meals. :mad:

I have always had bad bad luck with Select beef. I stay away from it even if it is cheap just because the meal turns out very, very mediocre and I am cooking them properly I feel. The side dishes end up being the mains in those meals. :mad:
My experience as well.

Select beef is a grade below choice if I'm not mistaken. That means there isn't as much fat and marbling though out the meat. I've never cooked select, but it seem like it would be harder to cook without as much fat and marbling. Fat = Flavor.

Back