Seized q3200 valves

RichardC

Hi

I have seized valves and I've seen them removed, cleaned and lubed on non-Q models.

Anyone know how to disassemble a q3200 to access the manifold and valves? Seem to be fitted up differently to non-family Qs as it has a 2 burner.

Thx

I have not tried on mine but would think they're pretty much the same. Only difference being they're a continuously variable type rather than the stepped type typically found on a Genesis. Wet, cold and raining here so definitely NOT going out to look at mine :D But then I live in the equivalent of the arctic circle compared to where you are :D

Richard: I am not sure on the Q grill valves as I have never removed one to clean it either. Someone on the list might. However, if you find you cannot disassemble and fix them, I suggest you start looking for someone selling a Q3xx for a reasonable price where you can just grab the valves off it. It is probably going to get pretty expensive to buy new ones.
One other thing to consider is that since you have a Q3200, I am guessing it is not all that old. Maybe a call into Weber C/S will net you some good news. It may still be under warranty.

Hi

I have seized valves and I've seen them removed, cleaned and lubed on non-Q models.

Anyone know how to disassemble a q3200 to access the manifold and valves? Seem to be fitted up differently to non-family Qs as it has a 2 burner.

Thx
Hi Richard,

Could you please take a picture of the the grill. Assuming you are in Australia the grill may look quite different than what is offered in the States.

Thank you

Have you called Weber, depending on the age they may cover them under warranty. I have found them to have excellent customer service.

Back