Seeking Genesis Silver A manifold

Joe Baer

Hello,

I have a NG Genesis Silver A that I am looking to convert to LP.

It appears that part is no longer made and all the internet sellers I can find don’t have it either.

Does anyone know where I can find an LP Genesis Silver A manifold or has one they would be willing to sell?

Our condo HOA is outlawing gas bbqs except for ones that are powered by 1lb camp stove type canisters. Other condo owners have successfully converted their 20 gal tank bbqs to be able to use 1lb canisters. Reports are a canister will last about an hour on bbqs that are larger than mine. I’m willing to invest in a conversion to see how it works to be able to keep my Silver A.

I love this bbq. It’s the model with the cabinet and since it has always lived in a dry southern Idaho climate, it has no rust and is in perfect condition, in spite of being about 20 years old. I’ve invested in new RCPlaner flavorizer bars and burners. Best of all, it’s the perfect size for our not-large deck. Because the controls are on the side, it’s 3 or 4 inches shallower than front-control models, taking up less valuable real estate.

If this is not successful I’ll likely invest in one of the Weber traveler models.

I hope someone can help because it would be like losing part of the family if I have to abandon her!

I don't know if you tried this site yet or not , its a bit epensive but you could call and see if they have it in stock. Or you could call Weber direct and see if they might have one, I bought a propane manifold for a Genesis 1000 off them about 2 years ago .

Last edited:
You can also try the buy sell trade forum here, it’s very helpful for this kind of thing:

I don't know if you tried this site yet or not , its a bit epensive but you could call and see if they have it in stock.
Thanks, Bill.
I will contact them to make sure they can get it. It says special order and if they are getting it from Weber they may not be able to.

Thanks, Bill.
I will contact them to make sure they can get it. It says special order and if they are getting it from Weber they may not be able to.
Thanks, Bill.
Or you could call Weber direct and see if they might have one, I bought a NOS propane manifold for a Genesis1000 off them about 2 years ago.

I think I would probably go with a Q2000 before I would start looking to convert a Genesis gas grill to a lb cylinder. Maybe even before that, I would call a meeting to have the Condo Association dissolved.

Those condo association boards are usually pretty liberal minded. Maybe explain to them how many disposable 1lb cylinders you will have to go through and dispose of to do one brisket. Talk about a wast of money and resources. Sheesh.

Back