Seeking flat-bottom non-stick skillet

Just did a little research and I hate to tell you that you are ill informed Larry.
Calphalon pans are stamped and milled. None are cast.
That’s from their site.
Not sure who sold you the idea that they were cast but, does not appear to be the fact.

I never claimed that style AllClad was forged. I am referring to the AllClad "B" series pans. Just looking at them shows they are most definitely cast aluminum

Well in taking a closer look at my "B" series pans now not quite as sure. They may be stamped. Hard to tell since they're so thick and heavy though.

The All-Clad B1 series appears to be a stamped aluminum pan with a stainless steel base that's bonded to the bottom of the pan so it works on induction cooktops.

I never claimed that style AllClad was forged. I am referring to the AllClad "B" series pans. Just looking at them shows they are most definitely cast aluminum

Sorry, I thought you had been referring to Calphalon not All Clad, my mistake but, the bulk of the All Clad line is stamped as well, as Chris has mentioned

I do intend to visit BB&B to look at recommendations made by some of you but in the interim I purchased an electric skillet from Amazon. I've used it thrice thus far, and last night I used it for hash browns. I'm very well-pleased with it; the potatoes turned out very satisfying and I am impressed with its real estate. If I were a rocket scientist I would comprehend how an electric skillet's interior surface can be completely flat while many round cooking skillets are convex. 50+ and my first electric skillet experience!

Glad you like your electric skillet. Seems that the people at my church love them. When having a pancake supper, they have 5-6 plugged in and cooking away. No one is using the two stoves we have.
My Mom had an electric skillet that she used a lot. I'm not a skillet fan. I think they are as useful as an electric knife that my Dad always used for the turkey.

I wonder what kind of opinions my kids will have on my cooking tools/techniques one day? :)

Yeah same here it would just be another "unitasker" as AB likes to say and I eschew low use plug in appliances like this, slow cookers (give me a good cast iron dutch oven and my regular oven on low heat), counter top pressure cookers (give me a top of the line stove top model I have 3 of them), bread makers (give me a good heavy duty KitchenAid and good quality french bread pans though diabetes keeps me from enjoying this now), and so on. I just don't like plug in appliances who's function can be performed by good quality cookware or utensils. Toasters, mixers, food processors, etc don't count on this LOL

My mother used an electric skillet for years, she was in a wheelchair and the normal stove height wasn’t very convenient. I don’t have one but, see the value for some folks. Mom cranked out some pretty amazing goods with an electric skillet.

There are only four of us but the boys eat like a platoon. Plus they have companions or friends here sometimes. I made country fried steaks in the 15" CI a couple months ago and was shy on real estate by one steak. Did them last week in the electric in a single batch. So in that regard it is convenient but I don't want to used it every meal.

Back