Second Cook on WSKS6 - Smoked Head of Cauliflower

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
Lots of acronyms tossed around...are there any for the Weber Summit Kamado S6 or E6 yet? In case not, I hereby dub mine the WSKS6!!

Anyways, my first cook earlier this week was a quick pork chop grill, but the menu this week has not been too BBQ friendly (nor was tonight's) but I've been dying to try smoking something (and get more comfortable with nailing low/slow temps before a more expensive protein...so, smoked cauliflower to the rescue.

Cleaned up the head of cauliflower and set in in the marinade for a few hours...inside and out. On to the grill at around 275 for a couple hours.

1614910242077.png 1614910287464.png

So happy to be able to nail my desired temp. I love this grill!! The smoke is so much more clean than I could ever hit on the Keg (was always acrid/thick). Brushed on the marinade a few times over the couple hours smoking time. Very happy with the overall result, but I did not love the flavor of the marinade itself. I think the lemon was too much. I'll post the recipe I used, but honestly, not sure I would recommend it. Final product. Florets were very tender. Inner stems still very firm/crunchy.

1614910464470.png 1614910635589.png

Last edited:
I’m going with “WSK” (Weber Summit Kamado.) Just easier... like WSM. As you know, the Kamado is exactly the same whether the E6 or S6, with the exception of the table, which has no impact on the cook itself (but is super awesome). I vote “WSK”.

I’m going with “WSK” (Weber Summit Kamado.) Just easier... like WSM. As you know, the Kamado is exactly the same whether the E6 or S6, with the exception of the table, which has no impact on the cook itself (but is super awesome). I vote “WSK”.
Works for me! Makes sense.

That looks like a fun smoke. I love cauliflower. Did you use any wood? I would imagine it would soak in the smoke pretty quickly?

Under the tray was lump charcoal (cannot remember the brand), and three smaller hunks of Apple. Did not come out overly smoked though the new WSK kept a nice clean smoke going for almost the whole time. With my Keg, three pieces of smoking wood at 275 it would have tasted like licking an ash tray...the difference between the two grills is quite extreme.

That's some good looking 'brain', Grant! I just recently discovered how good roasted cauliflower can be. Now I'll have to try smoking some.

Back