Scotch eggs on the WSM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Plated with a good Belgian Dubble... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I love Scotch eggs and I love my WSM, this part of your post gets me more excited than anything else. Though I tend to be a Triple man myself, nothing beats a fine Belgian beer.

Been on an IPA kick recently. Started this evening with a Stone Ruination and am sipping on a Bell's Two Hearted now.

It's hard to beat Ruination, as far as an IPA goes. And then again, Ruination goes even beyond that of an imperial IPA. I love that beer. It's one of very few beers I don't mind drinking right out of the fridge. All others have to sit a bit and warm up to a better serving temp.

It kinda sucks though, they are going for nearly $5 for a 24oz bottle at my local Bevmo, which is likely the only place I can find them up here.

I have a batch going now, that I threw on at 6 AM, along with 10 lbs of pork butt. The lid temp has been around 230, and I'm not planning on pulling them till about 9 or 10.

The thing that has me ticked is my Thermapen went all nutty on me last night, just like some of the other guys posts on here. It is reading both C and F, and seems way off. ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Chips:
I have a batch going now, that I threw on at 6 AM, along with 10 lbs of pork butt. The lid temp has been around 230, and I'm not planning on pulling them till about 9 or 10 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tom, How'd they turn out? Sorry to hear about the Thermapen troubles. Major bummer.
icon_frown.gif

Had a all nighter, didn't even go to bed. So I didn't have much of an appetite to try them. I will give them a try in a bit. The Thermapen is starting to work off and on. Kinda frustrating.

Back