SCORES!!!

Harvey M.

TVWBB Member
Here is a cut and paste from an email I rec'd...

Hi,

Bob wanted me to ask you if you would have any need of cherry wood or apple wood?? We have several trees at the farm that has to be cut down....about 8-10 large cherry trees and about 1/2 doz. apple trees. If you need them for your BBQ-iing you are welcome to them. If not, let us know, our neighbor sells firewood to London clients, and we know we could get him to get them.

I told her I had no use for it... NOT

Haven't cut them down yet Ray. Will be doing that over the holidays. I expect there will be quite a bit though. I'll post some pics when we take them down.

* Dave, if you read this you are more than welcome to some, if you would like.

I hope you have a stickburner and/or a fireplace in addition to the WSM... Else just send a few trees' worth of that cherry down here toward Oklahoma, eh?
icon_wink.gif

Love to help ya out Keri, kind of a repayment for that amazing cornbread recipe : )

I'm getting a little carried away with my cookers. So far its a hibachi(for fun), Northwoods cabinet smoker, 55 gal drum, WSM, 22" Weber Kettle, Traeger 075 and my baby, the Bubba-Q
BUBBA-QTrailer.jpg

I'm gonna teach those cherry trees a lesson
icon_smile.gif

WOW! Now, that's what I call a smoker! You can do some heavy duty Q in one of those babies!! Impressive Harvey, most impressive in deed!!!

Harvey - nice smokers, man. did you custom build that beauty?

A friend and I are in process of building a big smoker that looks about what one side of yours is - from a 250 gallon water tank. Would love to hear/read more about what you did.

Regardless, that's a thing of beauty...

Wow! Do you need a permit to transport that beast? I'd love to have just the one section lol.

Harvey,

I have to ask: What would you fire up first, the WSM or that bad boy?
icon_razz.gif
From the looks of it I would burn up a lot of meat from the time I got the first butt loaded to the time it would take to get back around to check on it, and that doesn't take into acount how winded I would get...
icon_biggrin.gif
All I can say is.. Wow! But really, which one would you fire up first? I am curious.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n..... too many choices!
Gary

Morning guys, thanks for the compliments! I'm quite proud of that rig.

Adam, it was custom built. I will upload some pics of the process today. It actually started out as a weekend project to build a 4x6' smoker for my backyard
icon_eek.gif

Bob, no permits needed. Although, it does come very close to the weight limits.

Gary, for personal use and catering of 50 or less,the WSM and/or the Traeger are what I use.I use the Bubba-Q when we do community events or large caters. The WSM is my "set it and forget it cooker", the WSM lets me get a full nights sleep.

Be STILL my beating heart!
icon_eek.gif
Hubba Hubba! Now THAT'S a good use for lots of apple and cherry wood! She's beautiful!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adam clyde:
Harvey - nice smokers, man. did you custom build that beauty?

A friend and I are in process of building a big smoker that looks about what one side of yours is - from a 250 gallon water tank. Would love to hear/read more about what you did.

Regardless, that's a thing of beauty... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adam, photobucket limited the # of pics for a slideshow so I created one and uploaded to my site.
20` 4600lbs with onboard hot and cold water, waste water storage, 3 sinks for dishes, separate handwashing sinks, 7200sq in. cooking space, 1 barrel is a smoker and the other is a grill...shes` all wood and charcoal, no gas at all.
Building BUBBA-Q

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harvey M.:

Adam, photobucket limited the # of pics for a slideshow so I created one and uploaded to my site.
20` 4600lbs with onboard hot and cold water, waste water storage, 3 sinks for dishes, separate handwashing sinks, 7200sq in. cooking space, 1 barrel is a smoker and the other is a grill...shes` all wood and charcoal, no gas at all.
Building BUBBA-Q </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Harvey - thanks for loading those pictures. Very cool! So it looks like those beauties were huge propane tanks? what's the length on them? Ours is about 6.5 feet, but yours looks about 8 feet each. Awesome.

If you don't mind, I have a few questions I'd love to ask you. If you are cool with it, shoot me an email at the address on my profile.

Very cool.

- Adam

Back