Saving Pepper Stout for future party?

Wayne_R

TVWBB All-Star
I'm thinking of making the Pepper Stout Beef Recipe on Thursday and serving it for a poker tourney I'm hosting on Saturday (I work Saturday, so no way to make).

After cooking, should I get it to room temp, vacuum seal and put in fridge? Or freezer?

I'm thinking about re-heating in pot of boiling water (in bag) on Saturday evening.

Do you think this will work/taste good still? And, if so, which (fridge/freezer) to store for a couple of days till the tourney.

Thanks for any advice.

Fridge would be fine. Make sure it cools before vac-packing and fridging. (To speed this, ladle the mix into the vac bags (leaving them unsealed) then plunge them into a pot of heavily iced water, keeping the bags' openings above the water level. Allow to cool well (sticking a spoon into each bag and stirring periodically will help), then vac, seal and fridge.

Wayne just refrigerate it in the pan your cooking it in tightly covered in foil. To reheat just pop it into an oven set at 350 for 11/2 hours or so and mix occasionally. I did 13lbs of it this way a month ago and it worked out great. You could also reheat and hold in a crock pot if you wanted.

No need to vac seal for just a couple days.

Back