Sauce for Pulled Pork

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anybody have a favorite pig sandwich sauce recipe they would like to share? I have a pecan smoked butt coming off the WSM in a little while, and I wouldn't mind trying something new. Thanks, Jim Bob.

My personal favorite is a apple cider vineager and some red pepper mixed together. A very basic Eastern Carolina sauce.

I enjoy the Carolina Red Sauce from Smoke and Spice, which is more of a sauce from the Piedmont region of NC. My wife prefers the quick barbecue sauce from Cooks Illustrated. Both have ketchup in them, but the Cooks Illustrated sauce has more spices and is thicker.

I have tried both the Vaunted Vinegar and Carolina Red sauces from "Smoke & Spice" and my preference is the Carolina Red.

Jim Bob,

I like to heat cider vinegar, and add brown sugar to taste. Then add crushed red pepper flakes, ground mustard powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and a dash of wooster. Simple, but tangy/spicy.

If you like a thick sweet smokey BBQ sauce (KC style)I really like the recipie in Steve Raichlen's Sauces Rubs and Marinades. It is a great KC style sauce and would be ealy to personalize to your taste.

If the cook was text book perfect....nothing at all.

"Taste that pork!"

Mmmmmm good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back