saturdays project(sirloin tip roast)

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
got this sexy thing to smoke for low carb roast beast wraps to take to work next week. plan to rub it down with john henry's apple-chipotle rub and slow and low her until 130ish internal. will be using RO lump and not sure on the wood yet. all my cherry is green and i'm out of apple. if i can get to the gettin place tomorrow i'll get some apple to use. if not it'll be pecan.

04162009_287.jpg

Tony, Tony, Tony........Virginia Beach is about 2 hours from here...........I could help you eat that!
icon_biggrin.gif
One of my favorite pieces of beef! That's gonna be gooooooooooood!

Yeah, that's looking good, and what a nice hunk of meat for < $20! Don't think I've seen a sirloin tip roast before, so I'm curious to see how it turns out!

EDIT: Two things. Silly question Tony, but what is the wire frame around the roast in that last pic? And second, I've seen that John Henry's apple chipotle rub mentioned around here several times lately. You find that in the grocery store, or is that from a specialty place or online only? Thanks!

the wire rack is just a roasting rack that came with my roasting pan. i use that to make it easier to get the roast in and out of the smoker. the rub i got from a local place that sells a lot of rubs and sauces. you can get john henry rubs right from his website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Dechaine:
Looking good. You making sandwiches with the leftovers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually will be making low-carb roast beef and swiss wraps.

Oh WOW, That looks awesome. Man, I got to try one of those. How did you do the cook? MM? water in pan? no water in pan? what were your smoker temps? That is my next meat to smoke on the WSM. Great Job. Thanks for the pics.

Tony I don't know where you live but I'm going to the store for kaiser rolls, horseradish and a vidalia onion and I'm gonna smell my way to your house so I can make a sandwich!

Absolutely perfectly cooked! Fantastic!!

I do know where Tony C lives and I'm on my way. Larry, there might not be any left by the time you get there. Nice looking cook Tony. One question: Did you slice it all up yesterday? If not, how do you handle cooling down such a large piece of meat before refrigerating it?

i used MM and no water since i have a pitminder. temps were 230 at the lid for the entire cook. i only sliced what i ate last night since it's easier for me to slice it thin when it's cold. it sat on the counter for an hour then i just foiled it and put in the fridge.

Back