Sat. night cook

doug gillis

TVWBB Fan
I had to give the wsm a break this weekend I guess as this morning I gave my son,wife, 3-4 choices for the Sat. dinner- spaghetti,chili,chicken and dumplings, or lasagna. My son voted in spaghetti- somehow he all the sudden claims it to be one of his favs and added in salad and breadsticks! I had to do an indoor cook over a stove and oven! I basically just make my own sauce but add Itallion sausage into my ground hamburger meat,use a vidalia onion,bell pepper,mushrooms, and for the 1st time-added some sliced black olives into the sauce. It made like a gallon or two of sauce and the flavour was there. Just because I always look forward to smoking something when I can doesn't mean my wife and son or her step son craves smoked or grilled every weekend. I try and change it up sometimes! I try to run a balance but is tough to do once you buy a good smoker! I can easilly get carried away with my wsm.

If you really wanted to smoke something you could have mixed the ground beef and pork together and made a meatloaf style brick and smoked it for use in your sauce. Heck you could have grilled some tomatoes to add that fire roasted touch also.
icon_wink.gif
Then you'd have the coals going to do a stuffed fattie or two for later
icon_biggrin.gif
IMHO, spaghetti, and chili are much better with smoked ground beef/pork. My guess is that lasagna w/smoked beef would be great also......hmmm, might have to bring that up to the wife. Shes the lasagna cook....

Moral is dont give up the smoker LOL
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Brandon

I hated not being able to smoke and thanks for the ideas. I cooked my 1st fatty a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it although it wasn't stuffed- just plain. I maybe need some ideas on things to stuff with and how to do it. I could probably eat a whole fatty all by myself!

Back