Sam's ribs enhanced?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I purchased some BB ribs from Sam's which are cryovac by IBP? Does anyone know if these ribs are "enhanced" in a solution?

Thanks

There should be a label that states if it is enhanced, as far as I know, Sam's ribs are NOT enhanced, at least not in NY.

This thread from another forum seems to concur that IBP (now known as Tyson Fresh Meats in the retail market-- Sam's is considered wholesale) ribs are enhanced.

Thanks folks,

I looked at the labels, and NOWHERE does it refer to any solution or sodium, so I would assume that I can rub with normal salt percentages.

Hi, I work for Wal-Mart. The IBP (clear cryovac pkg) does not have solution added. However the Tyson products are enhanced.

Chach

I'll second what everybody else has been saying...I've never seen enhanced ribs at Sam's. Be they spares or be they BBacks
----------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Today at Sam's-- IBP spares and BBs in cryo-- not enhanced. Spares-- IBP or in trays (not enhanced, either), $1.87/lb. BBs-- IBP only, $3.87/lb.

I was at Sam's last night and checked out the IBP spares they had. First of all there was nothing w/ regard to them being enhanced.

The label on the spares said something to effect "breast bone / skirt removed"

Does this mean that they are Kansas City Style?

It's hard to see because there are at least 3 slabs it the package.

Depends on who you ask. Some might tell you that removal of the skirt makes a St. Louis style into a KC style, while others may continue to refer to it as St. L. Still others may totally reverse the definitions.

So - with these ribs you wouldn't have to trim off the rib tips? right?

I''ve never purchased spares so I'm a little clueless! The ribs looked great!

Thanks

From what I saw of them at Sam's the other day, they will still require some trimming. Check out the Rib Selection & Preparation Topic in the Cooking section-- there are some photos and even a video that show popular trimming techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back