Sam's Club or Costco? Which has the better meat prices and quality?

There is no enhanced beef at my Sam's either, nor pork, for that matter. Now, chicken, that's a different story-- it's all pumped.

The last Time I went into my Sam's was in December and the beef indeed did have additives as stated on the label.

I will now revisit that Sam's within the next few weeks and report back.

I would prefer to be able to buy meat at the Sam's as its much closer to my home then the Costco.

David,
What beef had it on the label? Which cuts?

This is interesting because I also have never seen this at Sams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hawgz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hawgz,
I was shopping for something to grill and looking at NY Strips. I know all Walmart beef is shot up, positive on that one. And I swear the beef at my Sam's, on that day at least, was shot up too.
Am in Florida right now and will not return home until late March. When I do I will revist my local Sam's.
Might it be that they buy different beef in different areas of the country? Right now am in Key West, no Sam's here, but there are a lot of pretty woman and some big fish!

Wow, you lucky devil you! Do you live in Key West??

Am I the only one who finds Costco meat to be of really nice quality but EXPENSIVE?

I can't say for sure about some of the beef prices, but the spare ribs at my Costcos is 1.99 a # at regular price, and on occasions lower. The BJ's I go to has ribs for 1.89 a #.

Wow, I've never seen ribs that low at the Costco down here! Gotta' take a closer look.

David, my mom's trying to figure out how to pull that one off. Sounds ideal!

I don't have a membership to either Costco or Sam's but while visiting some family in Vegas we checked out their meat. They had great prices on spares ($1.89 lb) but they would not trim them St. Louis style. Is this true for all Costco stores or just LV? Will Sam's trim spares? I would love to join either one but I can get spares at Albertson's for $1.99 lb and they will trim them any way I want.

I realize the "big box" stores are set up for wholesale meat sales, they have to cut some of their meat, right?

John

you are better off trimming your own St Loius cuts. it takes minutes and then you got all the trimmings for rib tips.

Susan, it's starting to sound like the meat in my area is somewhat cheaper than where you are in Va. It seems like costcos and Giant's around here are cheaper anyways. The local Giants has buy one, get one free all the time for Chucks, bottom/top rounds. Bottom round Angus are the special this week.

Back