Salmon - Brown Sugar Rub

I just wanted to post a confirmation of the Brown Sugar Rub recipe and method on the Cooking Topics page. I served this last night, (I went a little heavier on the finishing rub), and my guests thought this was the best salmon they'd ever eaten. Not best smoked salmon, best salmon period. I couldn't really disagree. Thanks to the Cardogs BBQ Team for the original, and whomever posted it here.

Isn't that a wonderful recipe? We've had the same responses from friends to whom we've served Cardog's salmon recipe.

DH Robert will only rarely order salmon in a restaurant anymore because of this recipe. It's a spoiler!
icon_smile.gif

I did some Copper River salmon earlier this year using the method outlined and yep I'll confirm it was <insert superlative here> amazing.

Ok, I'm lousy at searching. I can't find a link to the Brown Sugar Rub for salmon. Would someone please post a link to the recipe.

BTW - silver salmon on a cedar plank on the grill as we "speak".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin Northcutt:
Thanks to the Cardogs BBQ Team for the original, and whomever posted it here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your welcome, I have a new grilled salmon recipe that has been published in DrBBQ's latest book. I will put it on site soon.

Jim

I haven't done your smoked salmon filet yet, although it is on my to do list. I do grill, about once a week, a salmon filet for my wife and me when I come home from work. Half hour in the kettle, indirect, comes out real good.

My wife marinates the salmon in milk for about an hour just before grilling. Claims that is what makes the fish moist in the center. I can't argue with the results, although I don't remember how it was before she started to do this, she's done it for so long now. The outside comes out smokey from the addition of wood chips and crispy and the center very moist.
Just curious, ever heard of marinating salmon in milk? (anyone)

Dave

Back