Sage Green Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason in California

Closed Account
There is a small back story, but long story short. I picked this up off the guy who played Chainsaw in the movie "Summer School" back in the late '80s. He was selling it because he is moving. Pics are all post cleanup. It was not too dirty, mostly just a little surface gunk on the table and some dust/dirt on the kettle. It cleaned up very nicely.
icon_smile.gif

DSC00374a.jpg

DSC00376a.jpg

DSC00378a.jpg

DSC00380a.jpg

DSC00381a.jpg

yellow hat:
summerschool-k.jpg

thumbs-up.jpg

Wow...looks in great shape Jason. Did it come with the ask catcher? Or did you yank it to clean it? I see the coal bins to the side.

That's a beautiful grill Jason and you stole it! So how is Chainsaw doing these days? Did his sister ever get married? Does he still wear the yellow hat? I just gotta know!
icon_biggrin.gif

Wow..that's niiiice....exactly the same color as my 2006/7 Performer.

It blends in well with the trees in the backyard.
Chickenlookingood.jpg

Cheers

Davo

I can't believe you hesitated on that score,and only bought it cause you got to meet a B list celeb.You left coasters are so jaded. Just kiddin, cause I'm jeolous!
icon_biggrin.gif
I love that grill.

davo: i think i found out the color name through a post of yours on here. i like the color.

the ash catcher was taken off while i hosed down the grill. it was off to the side. i should have had him sign the table, but i dont think it was clean enough for that. and i didn't want to show up at his house with a camera and make him call out his wife or kids to snap a pic of us and the grill. i will just have to rely on my memories...

however, chainsaw does look older these days than in those pics.

jim: at least i didn't snub the grill because he wasn't an A-lister! however if he was a reality star i might've had to pass.
icon_cool.gif

I thought this thread was interesting when I first saw the pictures of your grill but it's the thread that just keeps on giving...
icon_wink.gif

It is bad that is one of my favorite 80's movies?

Nice score. I would love to have that color in the stable. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it. Maybe we can work out a trade
icon_smile.gif

Very nice grill, a shame it needs to be used
icon_wink.gif
and not set on a mantel.
i haven't heard of the film the ex-owner starred in, probably because i haven't seen a motion-picture since The Great Escape was shown in theatres.
icon_razz.gif

Jason,touche, great comeback,glad to see you have a sense of humor. Hope to see many great cooks on that grill.(I'm still jeolous)
icon_cool.gif
Oh yeah,I onofficially name your new grill "Stihl grillin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back