S-330 Clean up

TommyL

Picked up an s-330 from Facebook market place this week for $75. I've had a 2 burner spirit for awhile now and have been looking for a 3 burner. This one also has the sear burner and a side burner, both of which I wanted.

The guy said it was no longer heating up, so he bought a new one. I figured I'd need to replace the burners and possible flavorizer bars, heat deflectors and grates. He had recently replaced the igniters, so that was a plus.

I got it home and fired it up and it heated up to 600 no problem, so I'm thinking it was either in bypass mode or the drive home in the car shook some dirt loose out of the burners.

It looked pretty bad in the pictures he had on Facebook, but in person it turned out most of it was just grease. Barely any rust, the bottom shelf is in good shape.
20200824_135724.jpg

I cleaned out the whole inside and hit it with some barkeepers friend last night and it cleaned up very nicely. I have new knobs coming for it as the current ones are all cracked and faded.
20200827_191206.jpg

Ended up being quite a bit less work than I expected to get it in decent shape

Only thing I'm not satisfied with is the black on the sides of it. The paint is still in good shape, so I don't think I want to repaint it. Anyone have suggestions for cleaning this off. I briefly hit it with some brake cleaner, but was worried about removing the paint so I stopped.
Anyone know of a good way to clean this up?
20200828_103931.jpg

Attachments

• 20200827_191206.jpg
    20200827_191206.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 8
I have the same problem ow on a EP330 Genesis not heating up. Flames from burners are very low and thinking it is in bypass mode. How do you get a Genesis grill out of bypass mode? Weber customer service told me yesterday to do the soapy water test as a next step. Regulator and hose just replaced. Also removed and cleaned out burner tubes but still have the issue.

Picked up an s-330 from Facebook market place this week for $75. I've had a 2 burner spirit for awhile now and have been looking for a 3 burner. This one also has the sear burner and a side burner, both of which I wanted.

The guy said it was no longer heating up, so he bought a new one. I figured I'd need to replace the burners and possible flavorizer bars, heat deflectors and grates. He had recently replaced the igniters, so that was a plus.

I got it home and fired it up and it heated up to 600 no problem, so I'm thinking it was either in bypass mode or the drive home in the car shook some dirt loose out of the burners.

It looked pretty bad in the pictures he had on Facebook, but in person it turned out most of it was just grease. Barely any rust, the bottom shelf is in good shape.
View attachment 12844

I cleaned out the whole inside and hit it with some barkeepers friend last night and it cleaned up very nicely. I have new knobs coming for it as the current ones are all cracked and faded.
View attachment 12845

Ended up being quite a bit less work than I expected to get it in decent shape

Only thing I'm not satisfied with is the black on the sides of it. The paint is still in good shape, so I don't think I want to repaint it. Anyone have suggestions for cleaning this off. I briefly hit it with some brake cleaner, but was worried about removing the paint so I stopped.
Anyone know of a good way to clean this up?
View attachment 12846

What does the inside of the cabinet look like? If it's rusting at all, best to get that handled now rather than letting the rust take over.

For the sides of the lids, you'll probably need to remove the sides from the hood. Then clean, sand and repaint. Or just live with it. If it were me and it's just your cooker, then live with it. If you are re-selling, then you might want to re-paint.

i agree with kyle, I have the same grill (but black and not stainless). the side of the lid will turn black in no time even if you clean it. Can we get some nice shots of the inside and the side burner?

Same question with the sides of the lid. My Genesis E-330 has the typical dark smoke stains around the rotisserie hole. I can confirm that Purple Power and SOS pads don't really help. Thinking about trying a Magic Eraser with some Barkeeper's Friend smooshed onto it next. It would be a total pain to disassemble the lid sides and repaint it.

I owned a S310 and would get these smoke trails also. I would clean once a year or so with simple green and SOS pads, if stubborn iwould let the soap soK in for a while. Like stated if it your daily cooker just not down stains a bit so not so noticeable is just fine. As they will be back soon.

I tried a different tank and still same problem...extremely small flames coming out of burners. Did the soapy water test and no bubbles. Any other ideas?

I have the same problem ow on a EP330 Genesis not heating up. Flames from burners are very low and thinking it is in bypass mode. How do you get a Genesis grill out of bypass mode? Weber customer service told me yesterday to do the soapy water test as a next step. Regulator and hose just replaced. Also removed and cleaned out burner tubes but still have the issue.
Bypass mode. Unplug tank and turn off at the tank. Turn all burners on high. Turn off burners. Plug tank back in. Slowly turn on propane tank. Light and If youre regulator is good it should be back to normal.

Unfortunately no. I still smell gas in front of the grill in the area where the gas lines connect to the manifold but no bubbles there doing the soapy water test. Already did the test where regulator connects to the tank and where regulator connects to gas line at back of cabinet. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately no. I still smell gas in front of the grill in the area where the gas lines connect to the manifold but no bubbles there doing the soapy water test. Already did the test where regulator connects to the tank and where regulator connects to gas line at back of cabinet. Any other suggestions?
if there are gas leaks itll also force it into protection mode, so best bet get new regulator/hose

The regulator hose was replaced by the seller recently and then I just bought and installed a Weber OEM regulator and hose.

Could it be a valve on the grill not closing properly. You would not find it as a leak as the gas is going in the burner tube but the safety on the tank trips when you turn the tank valve on. I know it is a long shot.

Back