Rust on my Rotisserie Spit, how do I handle this?

I weld stainless steel pipe.
I’m not sure what that is made out of but for the most part you can kill rust with citric acid.
GoJo hand cleaner and a stainless Brillo will work.
Rinse with water when done

If it is a stainless part you can sand it then use citric acid that makes it easier.

Also an old biker trick for rust on chrome is using a wad of aluminum foil as a Brillo that way you don’t mess things up much worse.

Me? I wouldn’t trip on it.
A little bit of rust ain’t gonna kill you.
Just clean it up, season it and you’ll be fine :).

I keep all of my grilling accessories in the house, so never need to deal with rust and corrosion. Probably wouldn't be much of a problem here in the high desert, but I got into the habit when we lived on the coast.

I just prepped the chickens for Tomorrow's cook/spin. Super busy today so I will give the spit another clean before I use it tomorrow to see if that helps. I was worried that the use a green Scott pad was part of the problem.

Richard, you are right, the motor and rod and other parts that come with the Cajun Bandit ring are made by OneGrill. Do you guys think I should reach out to Cajun Bandit who I purchased the kit from or One Grill the maker of the rod for customer service?

Ed,
I started to look around and found a 304 stainless steel replacement from One grill here, and I think this is on my shot list of grill upgrades.

My next question is if I I upgrade the rod will I need to upgrade the forks and the bushing? As I read I think I will need to upgrade the bushing also, but not the forks.

Thanks for all the great input and always guys.
Michael: Chris of Cajun Bandit took really good care of me with a problem with one of their custom made Rotisserie Motor Brackets for their Electric Motor. I made several posts on this matter regarding both Cajun Bandit and One Grill excellent Customer Service on this Website. I made a post on Aug. 07,2021 under the Weber Accessories Heading titled "Cajun Bandit Rotisserie for the new Folks".

My recommendation is to give Chris a "jingle" regarding your situation.

Oh, As of this date I still remain One-happy Cajun Bandit and One Grill Customer:)

Last edited:
It is strange Richard. The rotisserie kit I bought from OneGrill for my Genny S330 had a 304 SS spit and forks. That is part of the reason I bought from them.
Ola Richard: After communicating with both One Grill and Cajun Bandit Customer Service last year I was surprised to learn that the SS Rotisserie Ring and the SS Rotisserie Motor Mount Bracket for my Weber Performer Deluxe are Propriatary Custom Made by Cajun Bandit and the rest of the items included in the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit are manufactured my One Grill.com

Last edited:
Michael: Chris of Cajun Bandit took really good care of me with a problem with one of their custom made Rotisserie Motor Brackets for their Electric Motor. I made several posts on this matter regarding both Cajun Bandit and One Grill excellent Customer Service on this Website. I made a post on Aug. 07,2021 under the Weber Accessories Heading titled "Cajun Bandit Rotisserie for the new Folks".

My recommendation is to give Chris a "jingle" regarding your situation.

Oh, As of this date I still remain One-happy Cajun Bandit and One Grill Customer:)
As the author of that thread, thank you and I have to agree. I have never regretted getting my Cajun Bandit ring. I will gladly do business with them anytime.

When I bought the ring I was aware that the motors and small parts were outsourced.

Back