Rushed

K Kruger

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So much my typical last day home. I am way behind being ready to go. And, of course, I need/want to cook so...

Put a 13.25-lb brisket in the cooker about 15 min ago. I started 22 WGWW briquettes for a MM start but they burned more than I like while getting the brisket ready. I dumped them on the unlit then added some unlit on top of them so things would get going a little sooner. Absolutely not a breath of a breeze outside, 87 degrees and very cloudy. We have had rain off and on all day. My cooker is not covered. No idea if more rain will move through.

I have the door propped open an inch. Oak is the wood.

I made a paste rub out of a small onion, a shallot, 4 cloves of garlic, a hab chile, a splash of Worcestershire and a couple T of beef base. That I spread on, salted lightly (because the base is salty), then rubbed with a mix of Aleppo, gran onion, gran garlic, ground Sumatra coffee beans, thyme, sage, marjoram, ground green and white peppercorns, and a little ground clove.

Lid 260 and climbing. I've no time to keep an eye on it. I hope it doesn't rain (I'm seeing out the window that a breeze has now arrived) and I hope I remember to foil in a couple hours!

Yes. I have powder as well but for the paste I used liquid as I needed a little liquid addition anyway.

Lid at 339...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
Yes. I have powder as well but for the paste I used liquid as I needed a little liquid addition anyway.

Lid at 339... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kevin,anyone,
What is the shelf life of an opened bottle of Worcestershire sauce? No refrigeration needed, right?

Dave

No, not needed. It can get a bit flat if the time is especially extended so if you don't use much very often it is best to store in the fridge. It doesn't really spoil though.

Lid temp got to 350 and settled. Foiled the brisket about 30 min ago. About 10 min ago a major rain arrived, heavy downpours, temp dropped to 189 in 5 min. The rain has mellowed and temp has climbed tp 255. Going to head out to see about getting it back up.

Thanks. I'm still figuring out the Mac photo thing. Here's a better pic, I think.

--with roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted asparagus, Campari tomatoes with olive oil, sea salt and basil, mango ketchup, natural jus

The brisket took 4.5 hours. I'd thought it would be longer because though the temps came back up after the first rain, it kept raining on and off and temps ran 280.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joseph c:
Am I correct that Worcestershire is liquid rather than powder?

"Splash" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Joseph, As KK said it's available in powder form also. Worcestershire powder
Nice Brisket Bud
icon_cool.gif

Back