Runaway Meatloaf

Tony Weisse

TVWBB Super Fan
Finally decided to do a meatloaf on the WSM. Settled on the recipe Chris posted here, but had a bit less beef and a bit more pork. Read some posts and decided to cook at about 265, plus it fit into my schedule.

Got everything on in fine time and thought I had the temp stabilized. Got a call from a friend to help out with a computer problem and got stuck on a 2 1/2-hour download and update mission. Finally made it back home and, crud! The temp at the lid read 380! Internal temp of the meat was 185!

I pulled the meat off, wrapped and foiled, then went out to do a little pheasant hunting. Got back and man, did the house ever smell good! I thought I'd be stuck with a dried-out hunk of meat. Things were a bit on the dry side, but oh what flavor! Everyone eat about three pieces and raved about the flavor. Yet another win for the WSM.

Thanks to all who've posted about the great m-loaf to be made on the WSM. I will definitely do this one again (but maybe be around to monitor it).

Glad it turned out great for you. Bet your glad you used more pork than beef, Eh?
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Glad it turned out great for you. Bet your glad you used more pork than beef, Eh?
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to say the same thing. I'm sure that extra pork helped out.

Might have to try that meatloaf. Next time I make some sausage I'll have to reserve some of that ground pork.

Back