Run to your local hardware store .... NOW!

LKruse

TVWBB Fan
Ok - I admit, I have suffered when cleaning my Weber pellet grill. I did not look forward to this chore, and this past weekend it was time to clean it out again as the ash was visible in the bottom of the grill. I went to Ace hardware store, bought a $41.99 Shop-Vac, and cleaned the grill up within 10 minutes.

I knew about shop-vacs but never really wanted one that was so heavy that it required wheels to move around and would take up additional garage space until I found this handheld Craftsman 2.5-gallon Shop-Vac - the perfect size for the grill. It seems to have been on the market for several years now. Weber would be wise to market their own branded version.

I have something similar made by Shop Vac - bought a few years ago also at Ace. I bought a large package of cheap replacement bags on Amazon since I knew quality ones wouldn't make any difference when filling up with ash. That little thing makes it relatively easy to clean a pellet grill and has chugged along without complaint.

Last edited:
Bought a 6-gallon Craftsman 3 or 4 years ago on sale. IIRC, it was $39.95. The old one had a bearing squealing so didn't think it would last long after 15+ years of abuse. Still only using the new one for cleaning the pellet pooper and still the original bag. Makes quick work or it.

I should go get one, my last mini-shop-vac burned up after vacuuming the furnace. I was getting the dust bunnies out and I must have sucked in some flame from the pilot. I have a big-ol' plastic melt spot on the side yard. No big deal, it's the side where I burned down the fence, so it kinda matches the decor

Bought a 6-gallon Craftsman 3 or 4 years ago on sale. IIRC, it was $39.95. The old one had a bearing squealing so didn't think it would last long after 15+ years of abuse. Still only using the new one for cleaning the pellet pooper and still the original bag. Makes quick work or it.

This particular model doesn't mention using bags and it simply dumps into the bucket. I guess I could get a small trash bag but it was simple enough to toss it into the dumpster.

I have the cordless Ryobi vac, but I scrape most of it out first with cheap plastic putty knives. I think the 4" is the one that I use most.

Shop Vac as a brand is dead and gone. Couple years ago they folded, no word to employees. They showed up to work and it was locked up. Crazy.

I have a small Hart brand from wally world, the can is metal and it was cheap so fit the bill.

Weber would have no reason nor inclination to have a branded vac

Back