Rub

G Lamb

I'm still a novice. So far I have done two butts, one whole chicken and two slabs of ribs. I'm pretty much addicted.

I have a crazy work schedule so I try to keep things very simple. I have been doing my pork butts with the mustard and rub method and I dig it.

Saturday is my first day cooking for family so I'm going to stick with the method that has worked.

I have always used Sticky Fingers Rub but for some reason the store that sells it doesn't seem to carry it anymore. They don't seem to carry any rubs for that matter.....

So I need a easy, I mean easy rub recipe if anyone has anything out there.

Thanks!

Considering where you are located, I would take a little road trip down to Cordele and visit Striplings General Store (or just go online - Google Striplings). I used to live in Albany and we'd drive out to the Veteran's park often and would always stop by Stipling's on the way out.

They're famous for their sausage, but I particularly liked their rubs and selection of sauces. Their steak rub is amazing stuff. I used it on pork butts with great success.

Originally posted by CullenJ:
Considering where you are located, I would take a little road trip down to Cordele and visit Striplings General Store (or just go online - Google Striplings). I used to live in Albany and we'd drive out to the Veteran's park often and would always stop by Stipling's on the way out.

They're famous for their sausage, but I particularly liked their rubs and selection of sauces. Their steak rub is amazing stuff. I used it on pork butts with great success.
Canton to Cordele? Quite a little road trip!

A real simple rub taught in a SC cooking school:

Tone's Garlic/Pepper spice (Sam's Wholesale)
Kosher Salt

Three parts Tones, one part salt

As you may have noted, this contains no sugar to burn or darken the ribs. Once done, finish them by glazing with your favorite BBQ sauce. Blues Hog is a good sauce in combination with this straight forward rub.

Back