Rub Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have some Sugarless Texas Sprinkle rub left from a previous cook. I didn't quite like it and was wondering what people thought about adding some sugar to it. I'm finding that my family and I tend to like the sweet and heat taste.

Also, I have some BRITU rub on hand. Has anyone made any modifications to that rub (added a little of this or a lot of that . . .)?

Either way, somethin's goin' on the ribs early in the morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerry N.:
[qb] I have some Sugarless Texas Sprinkle rub left from a previous cook. I didn't quite like it and was wondering what people thought about adding some sugar to it. I'm finding that my family and I tend to like the sweet and heat taste.

Also, I have some BRITU rub on hand. Has anyone made any modifications to that rub (added a little of this or a lot of that . . .)?

Either way, somethin's goin' on the ribs early in the morning. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Go for it! I'm a firm believer in experimentation. After all, it's about what you and your family like anyway. Thats the way I see it.

Oh yea, be sure there are no rub police around anywhere! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Have a good'un, Jim

PS- if you like commercial rubs, try some Roberts Dixie Dust on ribs!

Jerry,

Try making your own rubs and seasoning mixes. They are fun to make and don`t cost near as much. I get my spices in the bulk food section at the local Winco and make several kinds of spice mixes and infused oils and vinegars.

There are lots of recipes on the net, one site that I like they have no popups is, www.recipegoldmine.com they have a southwest flavor to there site.

Charlie /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back