Rotisserie

i have very successfully made many a whole chicken on my performer. its actually my wifes favorite meal. for those with a rotisserie:

1. is a whole bird actually better on a rotisserie?
2. i like to stick my temp prob in, and once it hits 160f i pull it off. how do you do that on a rotisserie? i feel like shooting over even by 5degs can make for a dry bird.
I use a Meater thermometer on the rotisserie - no wires to tangle. Expensive, and it will give you grey hairs constantly losing connection and just being touchy about everything, but it is useful for a rotisserie cook.

I use a Meater thermometer on the rotisserie - no wires to tangle. Expensive, and it will give you grey hairs constantly losing connection and just being touchy about everything, but it is useful for a rotisserie cook.
My wife got me a “Meater” for Christmas, I have not used it yet I figure I will get it sorted out one of these days when I can just hang out by the grill. I wouldn’t mod grey hair if I had enough more to go grey!

My wife got me a “Meater” for Christmas
I shouldn't be too critical of them really. As far as I can tell, it's a one-product startup company, and they've been great when I've had problems. I think they've replaced at least one unit, maybe two, hard to remember. Right now I have one good unit (Meater+) and one original Meater that bricked. They are good about dealing with customer problems, nice people.

Back