Rotisserie rubbing advice needed

zReally Thanks,Bruce, great pic. There is a Fastenal outlet a few miles from me, and I called and they do have different sizes. Will check Lowe's right behind me first. Thanks, again George

So here is what transpired. Tried Lowe's. No Luck. Drove a few miles to Fastenal and ended up needing a 5/8" collar. Got home to set it up and the screw that holds the collar was too short to go into the rounded portion of the spit rod. Anyway went to Lowe's not expecting anything and first drawer i open has the little screw that goes into the collar. I needed the 1/2" long one, Anyway if I tightened the screws so the collar did not move the skewer turned lopsided...After playing around a bit and putting on weber stainless steel screws and lock washers for the motor holder( to replace the OneGrill ones-because they were a fraction too wide). I loosened the screw in the collar and it stood still while the spit rotated inside it and it held the spit from going further into the motor. Hope I explained myself well?? The explanation seems more complicated than the actual work involvement, other than the hassles. Thanks, again
K1Eobz4.jpg

b7izTID.jpg

Thanks again could not have been done without all the help from everyone never would have imagined using a type of collar like that which I never had any need to know about

Ps After all those hassles ended up making ribs today and after I took the ribs off I turned the three burners to almost high to clean up a little bit of the barbecue sauce and ended up going to the store for about half an hour or so and forgot and left of the burners on needless to say when I got back the thermometer needle was buried and the where surely clean

I've followed this thread from the beginning. And still the first thing my brain thinks when I read the title is seasoning rub.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I'm glad things worked out.

Back