rotisserie roadside

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
yep, it's me again. like a bad nightmare.
tonight we did RSC on the Genesis gas grill rotiss... been a longLONG time since I've used this contraptrion. Marinated the bird in roadside over night... then tossed it in the roto-basket with a few Yukons tied up in FireWire to keep them secure.
DSCN2501.jpg

While the gasser was cookin' she-cone, I kicked up the OTS to grill up some ears of corn.
DSCN2499.jpg

...good time to check out my pepper plants, this guy is lookin' very ready
DSCN2497.jpg

corn is nearly done...
DSCN2503.jpg
...after a short stroll thru the yard's path...
Almost looks like a bad chicken with braces
smiley-happy018.gif

DSCN2504.jpg

The chicken was good! BUTT! Not as good as it is over the open fire....you know, when the skin gets crispy and fried and the flames shoot up and you wanna panic butt you know you have everything under control butt the excitement is STILL there....
well... it's NOT there cookin' she-cone on the rotiss.... BUTT, the bird is STILL good.
Really Good!
DSCN2506.jpg

Best Dang chicken recipe on this planet!
Bet your paycheck on it!
Thank you so much for your attention, most greatly appreciated!
Sleep well tonight.

STOP ! please have mercy ! drool. ok, i do like the idea on the potato's. my wife got some of those wire thingies and that is a great use for them.

I heard that Jim's chicken is soooo good he has to keep it locked up.

Now we have the proof!

What kinda lock do you use with that cable?
icon_wink.gif

...I thought: young Forest Gump and his diseased legs ...
icon_biggrin.gif
It works well for chicken too! And it works great, Jim! Interesting cooking. Thanks.

What's the secret to good corn on the grill? Soak it first? Leave the whole husk on? How do you keep it juicy and not dried out/burnt? My brother in law has his come out like popcorn. I'm not that bad, but still could improve.

Thanks for the insight!

Gee... forgot about this one.. Thanks everyone.
Tim, Yes, i give the corn, husks and all, a salt water bath in a cooler for any amount of time (1 hour - 5 hours... whatever you can).
I've heard some use sugar instead of salt, i haven't tried it tho'...
When time to grill, i leave the husks on IF they are on (i've bought ears of corn with half completely removed for showcasing)... then turn every ten minutes or so for 30 minutes medium heat direct... then, for looks basically, i remove the husks and grill the corn shortly for sear marks... just so it looks pretty.
The corn I've bought this late spring and early summer has been OUTSTANDING! Most from Georgia I've been told.
Thanks for your interest!
icon_smile.gif

Back