Rotisserie Rib Roast

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
My local grocer is having a sale this week for $5.99 for bone in rib roast cut to order. Thinking about getting 3 or 4 bones worth. My plan is as follows:

Set up the rotisserie to do indirect at about 325 degrees until the meat hits an internal of 110 degrees.

Then put the meat over direct coals high heat to sear for a couple of minutes per side. I'm hoping this will give me an internal of about 125 to 130 degrees. I will let it rest for about 30 minutes before carving.

How long will this normally take and does my plan sound about right?

It will depend on the size (width, length) of the roast you get but I'd figure ~ 2 hours for cooking.

Note that you will get a further rise in temp during the rest, so plan for that. If you are looking for a finish of 125-130, sear to no higher than 120.

My local butcher has rib roasts for $4.99/lb everyday. Meat usually costs more in Canada but at least I can count on this price.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Johnson:
My local butcher has rib roasts for $4.99/lb everyday. Meat usually costs more in Canada but at least I can count on this price.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4.99 Canadian? That is an excellent price.

Back