Rotisserie Pork Loin

I was considering many options as I plan to do a boneless pork center this coming Sunday.
I have 2 - 2 to 3 pound roasts but since I am only cooking for 2 I was going to spin just 1.
New rotisserie and I have only done a 4 pound bird once, so a little fresh.
I understand what I need to as far as cooking goes but never turned a pork roast before. I was considering a bit hotter than the chicken, I would like to see a fair amount of color on the roast itself while trying to remove it from the spit at about 135 degrees. I would like it to be slightly pink or just turned from that pink color. The wife gets nervous when its under the 140 or mildly pink. I just don't want it dry and I don't think really low temp and a longer cook would benefit a lean roast like this.
Looking for tips and suggestions specific to rubs and a possible glaze. I see the glaze tends to be a popular addition and I don't know why it would be as usually I go meat by itself without much sauce. Is the pork just drier and that is why?
So tips on rubs and glaze.
I have a lot of spices to make a rub but for pre fab I have lots of killer hogs, Mediterranean blend, oakridges, byron's butt rub which I purchased for my soon to cook shoulder but haven't tried it ever.
All recommendations are welcome and thanks for the ides.

Good looking roast there btw Kelly.

The roast is similar in diameter to Michael's here but about 8 to 10 inches longer....so not overly thick, I don't think it will take long at all.

I was considering the bad byron's butt rub, which I will see what it tastes like here in about 30 minutes and possibly using this as a glaze.
I just bought it and haven't tried it but on the bottle it really goes on about using on pork and other meats. It doesn't say much about using it on chicken actually, even though the name would lead you to believe that is what it is for. The same company makes similar looking products called rib candy. It's about the same viscosity as room temperature maple syrup.

1622835062514.png

I decided to spin a pork loin the other day since I had not since last year. Used the same rub that I put on pork butts and finished it with a mix of bbq sauce, melted butter and honey. The family loved it, which was my goal. Nice and moist despite letting it go a little beyond my target of 140 IT.

View attachment 28361View attachment 28358View attachment 28357View attachment 28359

View attachment 28360
A little late to the party here....great job!
Question....why did you use an aluminum pan full of charcoal, in addition to the charcoal baskets..and how long was the cook?
Thanks!

Rick - I was running shoot time and just dump the older charcoal from the charcoal bins into the pan to make room for the new hot charcoal. Need to plan my time better.

Back