Rotisserie for 2018 Genesis E-325

Jay D in Jersey

Closed Account
Don't do very much rotisserie cooking on any grill and it's been 10-12 years and 3 houses since I have. I think it's worth testing the waters again. I don't want to throw much money at something that might not get used very much at all. Any suggestions for a generic rotisserie from Amazon that actually fits and works on a 2018 Genesis E-325?

Honestly Jay good thing you don't want to spend much. The NS styles are really no good at it anyway. Found that out when I bought my Summit way back when. Only reason I did not unload my Genesis at the time. I found out how poorly they perform spinning.

Jay, you just found a reason for a second grill. Pick up an old E/W Silver B or Genesis 1000 and turn it into your dedicated roto grill/backup grill. It is fairly easy to pickup the old original rotos that weber made for them. I have purchased several of them, all for $25 or less and some basically brand new. I picked up a #9891 two weeks ago for $15 brand new in the box.

I love roto cooking by the way.

Jay, you just found a reason for a second grill. Pick up an old E/W Silver B or Genesis 1000 and turn it into your dedicated roto grill/backup grill. It is fairly easy to pickup the old original rotos that weber made for them. I have purchased several of them, all for $25 or less and some basically brand new. I picked up a #9891 two weeks ago for $15 brand new in the box.

According to Weber, mine takes the 7562 model. I don't want to drop $100-$150 on one if a generic can do the same thing for half or less.

Yah, that is kind of the point. You could buy a decent used Silver B and a roto to fit it for $150. Then you have a dedicated E/W oriented machine for roto cooks.
But, back to getting one for your current grill. If you can find a model to fit it made my OnlyFire, that would be a good alternative. They make aftermarket rotos for the older Genesis grills and are highly regarded. Check Amazon. Another option is to check the local Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and other sale sites for someone getting rid of a good used one or even new.

No more grills. If I can't cook it on the Genesis or my Akorn than its not getting cooked.

I have never done rotisserie, so my opinion isn't worth much. I know that Bruce and Larry have lots of experience with spinning stuff, so I will go with what they say about why E-W is so much better. I do think you certainly CAN do rotisserie on your current Genesis. It just won't come out as nice and even as with an older E-W setup.

Since you have an Akorn, can that accommodate a rotisserie? That would be like using a Weber kettle to spin, and I know I have seen some great results from that. On your Akorn, your heat will be much more evenly distributed. You will have less space, but I would think enough for a large chicken or small turkey as well as other things you might want to try.

I have never done rotisserie, so my opinion isn't worth much. I know that Bruce and Larry have lots of experience with spinning stuff, so I will go with what they say about why E-W is so much better. I do think you certainly CAN do rotisserie on your current Genesis. It just won't come out as nice and even as with an older E-W setup.

Since you have an Akorn, can that accommodate a rotisserie? That would be like using a Weber kettle to spin, and I know I have seen some great results from that. On your Akorn, your heat will be much more evenly distributed. You will have less space, but I would think enough for a large chicken or small turkey as well as other things you might want to try.
You can do rotisserie on the Akorn but you need an adapter ring plus the rotisserie: BBQube Pizza Oven Ring & Rotisserie Kit for Akorn Kamado 20" Grill https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MWNM573/?tag=tvwb-20

About $190 all in.

I don’t know if you want to spend that, but I think you would get great rotisserie results, possibly even better than with an E-W Genesis. I tend to think a lot of what someone might want to rotisserie cook would be better over charcoal. On the other hand, a gas grill and smoker box can do really well.

Yah, that is kind of the point. You could buy a decent used Silver B and a roto to fit it for $150. Then you have a dedicated E/W oriented machine for roto cooks.
But, back to getting one for your current grill. If you can find a model to fit it made my OnlyFire, that would be a good alternative. They make aftermarket rotos for the older Genesis grills and are highly regarded. Check Amazon. Another option is to check the local Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and other sale sites for someone getting rid of a good used one or even new.
I have my eye on an OnlyFire...I need to take a measurement and if it fits that's what I'm going to try.Thanks.

Picked up the Weber rotisserie from the FBMP sale yesterday afternoon.
A bit of a drive from our place out to Royersford but a nice one. Well worth it. Rotisserie was brand new. Great quality. Perfect fit.
Thanks to all that recommended going with the Weber original.
No trying to adapt and Rube Goldberg the bracket. Two stainless screws and nuts...done. I'm going to put 2 self adhesive hooks on the back of the Genesis to hold the spit and store the forks and motor inside.
Time to start spinning!

I ordered this OnlyFire:eek:nlyfire Stainless Steel Grill Rotisserie Kit for Weber Genesis II and Genesis II LX 200 and 300 Series Gas Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073P7DQSX/?tag=tvwb-20

Should be here Friday.
I'm replying to my own post so that folks know that the OnlyFire rotisserie I ordered absolutely doesn't fit or work with a Genesis II E-325 or similar.
I sent it back. I went with the Weber rotisserie and it fits perfectly.

Back